The Howler

Around the World 2017 Prom a Global Success!

On Saturday, April 8th, 2017, prom took place at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center. The theme this year was called “Around the World” and they definitely followed through with the theme as the entire area was transformed into a paradise of diverse cultures. The doors opened at 7:30pm where, upon entry, there were fairy lights and intricate lanterns placed above as well as a Buddha, a DJ, and red chairs placed around the front entrance of the building. Different cultures were represented with different items such as Egg Rolls and Fortune Cookies as well as Henna tattoos available for students. Once in the main lobby, tables set up as well as a photo booth, and professional photographers for Prom pictures, along with an area that allowed students to be turned into caricature drawings! There was also a game room that had games such as pool, Dance Revolution, and more. The Dance room was stationed in the theatre and took on the appearance of Paris. Mini Eiffel Towers were displayed on the round tables in the room as well as refreshments such as madeleines, mini cupcakes, chocolate covered Oreos, strawberry lemonade, and Sprite. The Dance room was impressive in its size as students were allowed to relax or dance either on the dance floor, in the seating area towards the back, or even on the sides of the area where students (10 at a time) could have their own box for themselves on the first floor as they watched students on the dance floor below them. If students ever got tired or were more interested in more of a relax setting as opposed to loud music, they had the opportunity to go outside, where the Asian theme was located as well as an area, for slow dancing to calming music. The dance lasted from 7:30pm-11: 30pm and students have not stopped taking about it just yet. Everyone had a fantastic time, and it was definitely one for the books.

• Around the World 2017 Prom a Global Success!

Husky Nation

Husky Nation: Part 12

Feature

Proud to be a Husky!

News

PROUD TO BE A HUSKY!

Husky Nation

Husky Nation Part 11

Husky Nation

Husky Nation Part 10

Husky Nation

Husky Nation Part 9

ASB/Husky Pride

Huskies Are College Bound!

News

CHHS Drumline, World Champions!

News

8th Grade Orientation

News

Every Drumline Senior is Headed to a Four Year University!