Getting Ready for AP Exams During the Outbreak

https://images.app.goo.gl/dEfSQVoDQBzXPcdL9

Alyssa Gordon, Staff Reporter

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, AP exams were pushed back a week over a month ago in order to give time to make adjustments to the online version of the exam that is going to replace the typical three-hour exam we are used to at school. This year’s exams have been changed in order to fit a shorter time frame and provide students the opportunity to take their tests through the internet on the College Board website. Exams are set to take place Monday, May 11 to Friday, May 22 with times starting at 9 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon. 

The College Board has provided information on its website about how the test will be given. Students will be given an access code two days before for the exam in their school email which will be used on the day of the test. Starting the process thirty minutes before the test starts will guarantee that you will have plenty of time to finish your work. The exams are about forty to fifty minutes long rather than the usual three hours and have one to two questions. 

This shift in how the exams are taken can be stressful and nerve-wracking, however, there are some positives. The test is shorter and there are fewer questions. Using a laptop or computer to take the exam may also be a plus for those who prefer it. No matter what, prepare for the exam the same way you usually would and reach for that five.