Dear Teacher

Dear Teacher

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ma5SGpb45YnEF1hS6

Alexis Greer, Staff Reporter

Dear teacher, 

I know this is a weird situation as probably none of us have ever been through a pandemic so online school is a new thing to everyone but it just feels unfair when teachers post more assignments than they usually would, I understand we are home more meaning we have more time, but we also have to deal with being around our family a lot more. The fact that most of us are stuck home not being able to see friends or let anxiety out through sports is not good, and when you give us a lot of assignments, speaking on behalf of most students, it makes us more anxious.

I know that online school is new to teachers too and you are definitely trying and doing your best, and I respect that. Another thing I would like to point out is how some rules have also changed because for me I have some teachers who accepted late work before quarantine but now won’t, I understand that we are home more but we don’t have as much time, most of us have siblings that we have to deal with or parents that force us to go out, and homework from other classes. All in all, I think that teachers did and tried their best with the situation and I appreciate you still checking in on the students and responding to our emails, I hope you understand where I am coming from.