The Howler

Another Win for the Battle of the Bone!

Samuel Aguilar, Staff Writer

August 25th was a very anticipated day for most Chino Hills High students. It was the rivalry football game between crosstown schools Chino Hills High and Ayala High. The game is most commonly known as “Battle of the Bone.” This particular game had been one of the most heated matchups between the rivals since the Huskies looked to continue their seven games winning streak over Ayala. This time was different because for the first time the Ayala Bulldogs were favored to win. Both teams were filled with tension and looked to leave it all out on the field. When Friday night arrived, all seats were sold out and both student sections were filled with energy. The Bulldogs started the game out strong, but Chino Hills came back stronger. The end of the 1st quarter resulted in a 14-7 Ayala lead. After the first quarter the Huskies locked down the Bulldogs, not allowing them to score once in the second quarter. This led to a tie at 14 at the end of the first half. The third quarter was a mainly defensive affair; Chino Hills led 17-14 after a 35-yard field goal by Raeanne Jones. The 4th quarter was action packed as Ayala had high hopes of making a last minute comeback. In the end, the Bulldogs fell short to the Huskies in a 24-21 final score. After the game, Husky corner Danny Zatarian explained his excitement about the game. He stated that “the team did great, and everyone did their part.” He also explained that being the underdog wasn’t such a bad thing “A lot of people doubted us, but in the end we came out with the win.” The Huskies were very excited about their win, and hope to repeat the same outcome next year, which would expand the streak to nine wins over the Ayala Bulldogs.

• Another Win for the Battle of the Bone!

Feature

Class of 2018

Husky Nation

Husky Nation 25

Husky Nation

Husky Nation 24

OP-ED

Senior Year Coming to an End

Arts

Movie Music Melodies

Husky Nation

Saying Goodbye to Some Special Husky Staff Members

Husky Nation

Husky Nation 23

Student Life

College Signing Day for Seniors.

Arts

Great Job, Drumline!

Arts

Bat Boy: A Must See Musical!

Another Win for the Battle of the Bone!