The Polynesian Club

September 12, 2017

The Polynesian Club is a very well known club at Chino Hills High School, so I felt that everyone should know a bit more about it. To find out more about the subject I sought help from Adrian Bagro, a junior officer in the club. For those who do not know, Polynesian Club is a Hawaiian dance club that uses Polynesian moves. They use these moves to create dances to perform at events like luaus. The members of Poly meet at the modules and practice from 3:00 to 5:00 on Thursdays. Later in the year they begin to have practices on Saturdays at Alterra Park from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., as the year progresses there are also practices on Tuesdays from 3:00 to 5:00. They have their meetings on Tuesday’s during lunch in room 244. I asked Adrian why he joined, and he told me that he was skeptical of joining at first, but he did because he wanted to be involved, and he also knew some people in it. He believes that others should join because it gets people out of their comfort zone. You have the chance to meet and interact with new people and become friends with them. He said that going through Luau is an experience, and that Polynesian Club is a family. Most people sign up during Club Rush, but if you’re still interested in joining, there is a sign up sheet at the meetings, and one of the officers will be there to help you get started.