Unicef Club

September 12, 2017

During Club Rush; students were able to sign up for clubs during lunch for the new school year. A newly formed club on campus is Unicef Club. Unicef is a humanitarian organization that is dedicated to helping children in other areas receive their basic needs and rights- which are things that we may often take for granted. Unicef assists in children receiving health care, immunizations, nutrition, safe water, sanitation services, education, protection, emergency relief, and more. It has saved the most lives among all other humanitarian organizations, with 90% of each dollar raised goes directly to help those in need. The club itself aims to be involved by participating in local events, fundraising, and raising student awareness. Each month will have a theme to help educate students about humanitarian issues. The club was started by Joyce Han, who has had a passion for helping children ever since she started volunteering at her church nursery; she has since become a kindergarten Sunday school teacher and has also interned at an elementary school. Through Unicef Club, she aims to broaden her scope and start helping children internationally. Joining Unicef Club is a great opportunity for helping others and increasing awareness about global issues, and is an active way to become involved in areas that extend beyond the local community. Huskies who are interested in joining this club can sign up, as meetings will be on the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month starting September 12th in room 137.