The Howler

CHHS Marching Band Ends Season With a Win

EPSON MFP image

EPSON MFP image

EPSON MFP image

Noa Noh, Editor

Along with the many activities and sports that Chino Hills High School is widely known for, Chino Hills High School would not be complete without the recognition of their band. On November 18, 2017 Chino Hills High school band students competed at the SCSBOA, Southern California Scholastic Band Orchestra Association competition. The music performance score earned a total of 376.5 points, music effect score 187.5 points, visual effect score 190.0 points, and their visual performance score was 189 points. In total, they received a final score of 94.30 points, placing them first in their Division. In order to have reached this remarkable achievement, every band member practiced the theme song: Stairway to Heaven, after school everyday from 6pm to 9pm as well as 9am to 4 pm on Saturdays. Although practicing for about four hours after school seems to be quite a load, the members seem to be able to adapt to such situations and manage to stay on track academically. A senior stated that “I am not in band just to win the medals, it’s what we can do as a family to make Chino Hills High School’s unique from other schools.” Many of the seniors in band have pursued this long journey together from the start of junior high school and believe that all the skills that they have gathered from practicing many long hours after school all the way to winning medals and status in their division has shaped them to become the people who they are today. Along with the help of the band director Mr. Krumbine and their supporting audiences, each member believes that they will be able to carry all the skills and experiences they have gained from the years in band and be able to apply it to their futures, as well as the lasting friendships and relationships made. As one senior stated, “Working all four years was worth it.”

About the Writer
Noa Noh, Co Editor in Chief

Noa Noh is a junior who has been in journalism since freshman year. Born in Illinois, she decided to take journalism so she could get the chance to write articles for the school paper. Along with being on the paper she is also great on the piano, competing at Carnegie Hall last Easter, as well as other performances. She even has used her skills to play for a nursery as part of therapy. During her freshman year, she took track but decided to drop it in favor of other pursuits. She is also an office secretary at CSF, and runs the World Vision Club as its president. Throughout her life she has traveled a lot, going to South Korea, Cancun in Mexico, New York, and Philadelphia. In the future, she hopes to take more trips to South Korea, as well as trips to England and Peru. In her free time, she loves to read, cook, practice on the piano and hang out with friends, and listening to music. Her favorite music artists include the Beatles, Queen, and Selena, and her favorite food is sushi. Noa says a lot of her inspiration comes from her mother who has always put in hard work in raising her, as well as Abraham Lincoln due to his contribution in history. She enjoys spending time at church with family, and says she can’t wait to meet new friends, go to more piano competitions, and get art scholarships. Look forward to articles from this Journalism veteran, and make sure to wish her a good school year!

• CHHS Marching Band Ends Season With a Win

Archive 2017-18

Volunteering in Catalina This Summer

Archive 2017-18

Class of 2018

Archive 2017-18

How to Study for Finals

Archive 2017-18

Senior Year Coming to an End

Archive 2017-18

Last Week of Senior Year

Archive 2017-18

AP Tests Cause Stress

Archive 2017-18

Senior’s Last Day of High School

Archive 2017-18

“Tutoring” Premiere Plus the Entire Series

Archive 2017-18

The Ghost Fishing Foundation

Archive 2017-18

Movie Music Melodies