The Howler

Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Jordan DeLaVega, Staff Writer

On January 26th, the CHHS Theater, Comedy Sportz had an event where everyone in the room was cracking up. The thing about the event, which I loved, is that it’s all improvised and for many people and me improv is their favorite kind of acting. Improvisation shows the “ real actor” because there’s no script and it’s all quick and fast, and you never know what’s going to happen next. There’s always audience guest interaction that is fun and makes everyone laugh more, and even makes some of the guests play some of the games with friends. One of the games they played was Groaner Foul, whereby any player who speaks a pun bad enough to make the audience groan causing their team to lose one point (or awarding the other team with a point), unless their apology to the audience is heartfelt enough and accepted. This personally was my favorite part of the show; it made the audience laugh the most. There are more Comedy Sportz events planned before the end of the year, so don’t miss the event and bring your friends, and just relax and laugh it’s honestly something you won’t regret.

About the Writer
Jordan DeLaVega, Staff Writer

Jordan has been part of the journalism program for 3 years. He currently has a job at Jack in the Box as a cashier and drive thru person. Jordan loves working there because he says it pays well. When Jordan leaves high school, he wants to travel around the world. His dream place to live is the state of Washington because he loves the weather and how the state has so much nature and natural beauty. It would be a dream come true for him to get accepted into Washington State. Not only is he a big Washington fan, but he also is a big fan of country music. He loves how country lyrics have a story and makes you dream that one day you would fall in love the way the singer describes about love. He loves singing out loud in class, and getting lost in the song. A little fact about Jordan is that he has a twin. They look and act totally differently, but in the end, Jordan loves his brother. He also has a younger who is a 10th grader at Chino Hills High School. Jordan says his favorite thing to do is hang out with his friends because he loves how funny they are, and he always has a good time with them. Lastly, Jordan is a great friend and a great writer, he has strong opinions, but he also has a heart of gold.

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

Volunteering in Catalina This Summer

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

Class of 2018

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

How to Study for Finals

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

Senior Year Coming to an End

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

Last Week of Senior Year

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

AP Tests Cause Stress

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

Senior’s Last Day of High School

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

“Tutoring” Premiere Plus the Entire Series

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

The Ghost Fishing Foundation

• Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time

Archive 2017-18

Movie Music Melodies

Comedy Sportz Delivers a Good Time