The End of High School

May 21, 2018

The End of High School

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

Getty Images

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

Getty Images

Getty Images

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

My four years spent in high school has really flown by, as this coming Tuesday, May 29th marks the last school day of school for the seniors. I believe that many high school seniors can share the conflicting emotions of excitement to experience a new environment outside of high school along with the overwhelming nervousness that comes with becoming older and gaining more responsibility. High school teaches many students about the good and the bad. Especially on this campus, students meet many people, but will make only a few close friends that they would want to keep in close contact with exiting high school. Four years seems like such a short yet long time; it is short in that it is already over, but it is also a long time in that it is difficult to imagine oneself in a new environment after having spent so much time having gotten used to familiar faces and classrooms. High school has been an emotional roller coaster for many students, full of stress and fun for many. I find that the most stressful school experiences I have had was during the college application season. Overall, high school has changed many students. It is an opportunity for people to learn more about their interests, and a time in which they gain valuable skills. I believe this moment for several seniors is bittersweet, and coming out of this experience, I wish all students the best in what they want to pursue in the future.