Senior’s Last Day of High School

May 28, 2018

Graduation day for the senior’s was 12 to 13 years in the making. The day that the senior’s walk across the podium, and receive a high school diploma, capping off some of the most tumultuous years of our lives. For some of us, we couldn’t wait for this day to arrive, and for others, experiencing separation anxiety from the school life that we have known since we were kids. It’s certainly a strange time for us seniors, and this feeling will never be repeated in our lives, not even for college graduation because college is mainly about adults. I’m sure when we walked onto this campus for the first time, as wide-eyed, scared freshmen, we didn’t know what to think or what to expect. We didn’t know what our fours years here at CHHS would offer us, but now looking back, it’s very clear. They offered us the chance to grow into the people that we will be for the rest of our lives. We’ve made friendships that will carry on long past the days of essays and lunch breaks. We’ve met mentors, and teachers who made sure we leave this institution knowing the values of hard work, and discipline. We’ve had experiences that will bond us forever from football games, to rallies, to Homecoming, and for some Prom; we will carry these memories long after the coming summer. My thoughts are that these years blew by fast. If I had to give incoming freshmen one piece of advice, I would tell them to simply enjoy it, because the years do fly by. However, it’s not all sad for us. I think I can speak for a large portion of my senior class in saying that we look forward to our future. It’s time for us to spread our wings, and go to different places, meet new people, and make new memories. So, as our days of high school dwindle down, and we get closer to making that slow eventful walk to the podium at the Citizen’s Bank Arena, let’s not forget to think about the impact that these years have had on us, I certainly won’t forget it. Go Huskies!