The Howler

Movie Music Melodies

Lainie Gomez, Staff Writer

If you appreciate films with beautiful music scores and compositions, then you definitely attended our concert band’s final movie-themed performance. On May 15th, 2018 at 6:30pm, the musicians of CHHS came together and performed a compilation of movie-themed songs from famous films such as Beauty and the Beast, Les Misérables, and Spirited Away. Five other songs that were played that were not film related that included “Benjamin Franklin and the Art of Music” and “American Barndance.” These five songs were also the “Superior” title-winning scores played by the band before at a competition only a couple of months ago. Every song was unique and meaningful, with some upbeat, and others much darker, and more serious in tone. Not only was the music beautifully performed, however, but also it was accompanied by a visual montage of each individual film. The audience was able to hear the song being played while watching the scene reeling in front of them simultaneously. It was the first time all year that the four different groups were featured as well as adding film to the performances. The four groups included: our newly formed brass ensemble, concert band, sax quartet, and wind ensemble. The concert was a spectacular hit with the audience, and it left many driving home with a tune or two stuck in their head. The concert was held to commemorate the end of a great season and to get ready to begin the start of the marching season for all of the performers. Overall, it was a fantastic experience for both the audience and the performers alike.

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

Volunteering in Catalina This Summer

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

Class of 2018

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

How to Study for Finals

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

Senior Year Coming to an End

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

Last Week of Senior Year

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

AP Tests Cause Stress

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

Senior’s Last Day of High School

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

“Tutoring” Premiere Plus the Entire Series

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

The Ghost Fishing Foundation

• Movie Music Melodies

Archive 2017-18

Mean Girls: The Musical is So Fetch!

Movie Music Melodies