• Senior Goodbyes
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 4
    • Chapter 5

Senior Year Coming to an End

Senior Year Coming to an End

May 28, 2018

Being a student at Chino Hills High School has been amazing. Four years of being a Husky, walking through the doors every day, and being involved in rally’s is now ending, and I cannot be more excited to graduate. Seniors are saying goodbye to all their underclassmen friends and favorite teachers. Being a student at Chino Hills High School has taught me so much, and I can’t wait until I can go on to college and learn more. Seeing all the seniors and myself grow the last four years and picking the career path they want to take is amazing. Whether they are going to a prestigious college or community college, everyone seems to be happy with the route that they chose to take. Many seniors this year chose to go to the Marines, Army, or Navy instead of college. Graduating from Chino Hills High School and moving on are a big step for all of us, but it’s a step that we can’t wait to take. Graduation is May 29th, 2018 at the Ontario Citizen Bank Arena at 3:00pm and the seniors will there with their Husky pride!

Congratulations Class of 2018!!!

Goodbye High School, Hello Real World!! Congratulations Class of 2018! Take a bow: you deserve it! All the hours we’ve sacrificed studying or stressing out to earn that extra percentage to boost your grade. Those days are done, completed; they are finally over with because we’ve made it to the end. You have finally made it through the four years you never thought would end. Despite the late night cramming or the endless extracurricular we took, they helped us to where we are today and gave us more memories we’ll never forget. Now that we’ve finished high school, reflect and appreciate what you as an individual have accomplished. As the days become numbered, we look forward to independence and a place to start all over again. We are graduating!! The moment you hear your name, walk down the aisle to accept your diploma will be a feeling of relief and success. All what we have accomplished will be recognized the day we receive our diploma that we are officially CHHS graduates. What we are leaving behind will help us move on, as we continue our destiny in life. Like the quote, “Always remember how far you’ve come because it will remind you how far you can go.” Never forget the one’s who have supported and encouraged you year after year. Never forget the priceless memories you’ve had during these past four years. Most importantly, never forget what you are capable of Class of 2018…The world awaits. Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

A Goodbye to the Seniors

Time has passed, and we are not those kids who started high school four years ago anymore. We have matured, we’ve learned extraordinary things, and we have grown together emotionally, physically, and personally. Some of us have discovered our passions, and some others still need to figure it out, but without a doubt high school was an important piece of our lives. We have learned many things from it, and we’ve grown from our mistakes as well.

At some point we have cried for someone we shouldn’t have, we’ve laughed with fake friends and tripped over the same stone twice. Some of us have forgiven a lot, maybe too much, while others never gave a second chance. Some days we’ve woken up wanting to eat the world and others days seemed that the world was after us. We have shouted loudly, but our voice did not always come out. We have kept truths in order to protect people, as well as saying things we regretted letting out of our mouths.

There were days when all we wanted to do was to sleep 5 more minutes and days when sleeping was not even an option. There were times where we felt happy and other times when we did not. We have enjoyed small details, and we have learned little by little what life is really about. And the real secret of it all is not regretting anything.

The things that we used to trip on, we walk over now. Hopefully, we were a good example to all the underclassmen so that they will be ready to be the change and take the best of high school. Maybe we won’t see each other again, maybe we will, but hopefully every senior will have a memory to share from the past four years. It’s hoped that regardless of the turns of life, some Huskies will remain friends forever.

Let’s all wish a beautiful, happy, and successful life to all our seniors. And seniors don’t forget to be thankful to all the students, teachers, and staff that helped us throughout the years. Goodbye Huskies and Congratulations!

The End of High School

The End of High School

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

Getty Images

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

Getty Images

Getty Images

Graduation Caps Thrown in the Air

My four years spent in high school has really flown by, as this coming Tuesday, May 29th marks the last school day of school for the seniors. I believe that many high school seniors can share the conflicting emotions of excitement to experience a new environment outside of high school along with the overwhelming nervousness that comes with becoming older and gaining more responsibility. High school teaches many students about the good and the bad. Especially on this campus, students meet many people, but will make only a few close friends that they would want to keep in close contact with exiting high school. Four years seems like such a short yet long time; it is short in that it is already over, but it is also a long time in that it is difficult to imagine oneself in a new environment after having spent so much time having gotten used to familiar faces and classrooms. High school has been an emotional roller coaster for many students, full of stress and fun for many. I find that the most stressful school experiences I have had was during the college application season. Overall, high school has changed many students. It is an opportunity for people to learn more about their interests, and a time in which they gain valuable skills. I believe this moment for several seniors is bittersweet, and coming out of this experience, I wish all students the best in what they want to pursue in the future.

Last Week of Senior Year

https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fimages%2F2xUfQc

Last Week of Senior Year

https://goo.gl/images/2xUfQc

https://goo.gl/images/2xUfQc

https://goo.gl/images/2xUfQc

https://goo.gl/images/2xUfQc

With the last week of high school upon us seniors, many are taking the time to hang out with their friends and do as much as they can to remember their high school days. Whether this is through taking pictures, and doing senior activities, everyone has their way of remembering high school. Many feel that high school was just a stepping-stone for college and is a waste of time; however, this is simply not the case. One’s true character usually begins to develop in high school while meeting the friends that they will keep for the rest of their lives. High school is an area of growth and opportunity and I sure hope that everyone did as many activities as possible and took as many risks and opportunities to experience high school and grow as an individual. Now, it is time for college, and everyone will finish developing their true character and discover who they really are. These are truly exciting times.

Senior’s Last Day of High School

Senior’s Last Day of High School

Graduation day for the senior’s was 12 to 13 years in the making. The day that the senior’s walk across the podium, and receive a high school diploma, capping off some of the most tumultuous years of our lives. For some of us, we couldn’t wait for this day to arrive, and for others, experiencing separation anxiety from the school life that we have known since we were kids. It’s certainly a strange time for us seniors, and this feeling will never be repeated in our lives, not even for college graduation because college is mainly about adults. I’m sure when we walked onto this campus for the first time, as wide-eyed, scared freshmen, we didn’t know what to think or what to expect. We didn’t know what our fours years here at CHHS would offer us, but now looking back, it’s very clear. They offered us the chance to grow into the people that we will be for the rest of our lives. We’ve made friendships that will carry on long past the days of essays and lunch breaks. We’ve met mentors, and teachers who made sure we leave this institution knowing the values of hard work, and discipline. We’ve had experiences that will bond us forever from football games, to rallies, to Homecoming, and for some Prom; we will carry these memories long after the coming summer. My thoughts are that these years blew by fast. If I had to give incoming freshmen one piece of advice, I would tell them to simply enjoy it, because the years do fly by. However, it’s not all sad for us. I think I can speak for a large portion of my senior class in saying that we look forward to our future. It’s time for us to spread our wings, and go to different places, meet new people, and make new memories. So, as our days of high school dwindle down, and we get closer to making that slow eventful walk to the podium at the Citizen’s Bank Arena, let’s not forget to think about the impact that these years have had on us, I certainly won’t forget it. Go Huskies!