• Football
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 4

Battle of the Bone 2018

Photos - Giselle Orozco, Michelle Richards

Battle of the Bone 2018

September 4, 2018

Chino Hills vs. Ayala

Huskies Give Everything They’ve Got

Huskies Give Everything They’ve Got

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

In a shocking and devastating turn of events, the Ayala Bulldogs claim the Bone this year. The final score was 14-10 Bulldogs on that fateful Friday night. The Huskies began the game with high expectations for themselves, being the first score of the game, with a field goal. Ayala countered and captured our early lead and scored a touchdown in the second quarter. Though slightly off by the Bulldogs’ lead, the Huskies kept fighting. The Huskies did a fantastic job of blocking all scoring attempts by Ayala. The Husky crowd, fiercely competing with the Bulldog crowd for dominance, cheered on our players, with the help of the CHHS Spirit Leaders and Cheerleaders. The battle raged on, each team coming closer and closer to scoring without quite making it there. Then, it was half time. Our Marching Band and Drumline gave an incredible, high energy performance. The Dance Team also gave a peppy performance that got the crowd moving. When the game resumed, the intensity level rose. The end was looming, and the Huskies were still down 7-3. When the third quarter ended, the score remained the same. By this point, both crowds were cheering and stomping with an incredible magnitude. The players entered the fourth quarter. With a few minutes left on the clock, the Huskies have the ball. They’re so close to the End Zone they can taste it. The Huskies give it everything they’ve got because this is their chance to win. Cheers exploded on the Home side of the field! Huskies get the Touchdown! The score is 10-7, and things are looking good. With an unimaginable twist of fate and a minute and a half left on the clock, the Bulldogs intercepted the ball, sprint 81 yards down the field, and score a touchdown. Now, the game is over. The Huskies gave it their best shot and played their best. While it would’ve been great to win for the ninth year, we believe that the Huskies will reclaim the Bone next year! And we’ll do everything we can to make sure we do!

You Can’t Win Them All

You Can’t Win Them All

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

With the start of every new school year, also comes the annual football game that we all know as Battle of the Bone. In this yearly competition against our cross-town rivals, the Ayala Bulldogs, we have continuously beaten them for the last eight years. Well, this year that all changed.

Throughout the low scoring game, there seemed to be hope in the final minutes when the Huskies took a 3-point lead, but then, in the end, Ayala takes the win in a jaw clenching final two minutes of the game. When David Diaz dashed 80 yards on a kickoff return making a touchdown with 1:06 left in the game, he not only won the game for Ayala with 14-10 on the scoreboard but ended an eight-year winning streak as well. Though it truly is a devastating loss, you can’t win them all and just so Ayala knows, we are coming back to win back that trophy next year.

Bulldogs Claim the Bone

Photo- Giselle Orozco

Photo- Giselle Orozco

Photo- Giselle Orozco

Photo- Giselle Orozco

Bulldogs Claim the Bone

After an astounding eight years of straight winning, the football team of Chino Hills High lost to our rivals, the Ayala Bulldogs on Friday, August 17. The game proved to be full of action and never had a dry moment. Students on both sides were sitting on the edge of the stands, eagerly awaiting their school’s team to score and pull ahead. The game this year was held at Chino Hills High School in the stadium where dozens of students, staff, and parents filled the stands. By the time the game began, 7:00 pm, the stands were nearly filled to the brim. The game began with the Husky Marching Band playing our school’s fight song while the football made their enthusiastic entrance onto the field. Soon, both teams had been introduced, the audience had settled, and the game began. The first quarter was the slowest, with little happening besides the occasional slip-up. The second quarter is where the game picked up and Ayala pulled ahead with a score of 10 to 7. This led into the third quarter where little happened yet again and had the crowd looking forward to finally reaching the fourth quarter. After an amazing turn of events, a player for Chino Hills High scored a touchdown and had the crowd going insane. Students of all ages cheered their hearts out as our fight song played behind them. Not long after, however, an offense player for Ayala slipped past our defense and made a touchdown. The huskies were left in shock and disbelief as Ayala rallied with their band and players. From then on, the rest of the game looked bleak and the crowd died down. Eventually, the timer was up, and an eight-year streak came to an end. Although we might have lost, we look forward to next year’s game with a new sense of competition and spirit!

Battle of the Bone

Photo - Giselle Orozco

Photo - Giselle Orozco

On August 17th, 2018, the biggest game of the year for Chino Hills High School commenced. The game was highly anticipated and was spoken about by every student and staff member of Chino Hills High since the first day of school. The “ Battle of the Bone” is a football game between the rival schools Chino Hills Huskies and Ayala Bulldogs. The Huskies went into this game very confidently having won the previous eight years and expecting to make it nine. The Huskies were in for a big surprise. Hours before the game commenced and fans were already beginning to fill the bleachers preparing for the start of the game. While the player warmed up, students were beginning to show their school spirit starting chants and showing praise to the athletes who were about to play for the pride of all the students. The game finally began. Throughout most of the beginning, the score was low with only 3 points from Chino Hills and 7 from Ayala. The students were not scared at all being down though at this point of the game. The stands were radiating with the energy of the students cheering on their team throughout the whole game. Once the 4th quarter hit, the mood slowly went from hopeful to grim. It began to look as though we had no choice of coming back, but that’s when the whole game changed. With 1 minute left in the game, Chino Hills overtook Ayala. The crowd erupted in cheers and shouts for the athletes. While the crowd was still cheering, Ayala delivered a devastating blow in the final seconds of the game. Ayala scored a miraculous touchdown to win the game destroying all of the joy from the crowd in one swift blow. The final score was Ayala 14 Chino Hills 10.