Hip Hop Club

September 18, 2018

Hip Hop Club

Every year, all the students of Chino Hills High look forward to the exciting week known as Club Rush. One club that is always highly anticipated every year is the Chino Hills Hip Hop Club. Every year this club brings high energy mixed with fun dancing on their attempt to attract large crowds. The Hip Hop Club’s main objective is to help teach students new fun dance styles. Whether it’s learning how to Pop-and-lock or being able to Breakdance. Club Alumni Justin Lim believes that the Hip Hop Club was, “ created purely for the purpose of the people. It’s not a resume booster, not a technical skill, or anything like that. The Hip Hop Club is a community for people to be themselves. The current President Hunter Hayes believes the goal of the club is, “ to promote a safe and fun environment for people. Not only to dance the Hip Hop styles, but to learn about the Hip Hop culture and express themselves through Hip Hop’s outlets.”   For many people, this club is a safe place for people to be themselves and do what they love. Chino Hills High alumni and Hip-Hop Club alumni Randall Roble believes that “ it’s not just a club, it’s a kind of brotherhood that unites those from different social-economic backgrounds through nonverbal communication specifically focusing on the element of Hip Hop.”   The Hip Hop Club was founded by a man named Jerel Luna in 2008. Jerel created this club simply as a place for him and his friends to be able to dance at school. The Hip Hop club has developed into so much more than what it was originally intended for. Joining the Hip Hop Club means joining a family that just wants to have fun and dance. The Hip Hop Club holds meetings every Friday from 3-5.