Rush for Recruits

September 18, 2018

Rush for Recruits

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Club Rush is upon the students of Chino Hills High, and they plan to take advantage. Club Rush is the perfect time for everyone to see all the amazing clubs the school offers. This event is a great opportunity for students to pursue interests in things such as Debate, Acting, Volunteering, and so much more! There are clubs for all interests, and it’s a perfect time to look at hobbies you never thought to try! For a week during lunch, energies were running high as clubs tried to recruit anyone they could. Each club has a special way of gaining members, whether it’s by candy or cups of noodles. Some other attention-grabbers used by Clubs are music and huge posters. Among all the diverse and interesting clubs, there is a special volunteering club. Its title is the Volunteering in the Hills Club, run by Raafi Chowdury. This club meets every two weeks on Wednesdays, to discuss and plan community service. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to get involved in your community, this is the club for you! Volunteering in the Hills Club members can be found all over the city doing their part to help local hospitals, shelters, and libraries. This club even partners with nonprofit organizations to reach out to help not just those in our community. They make a difference not just in our community, but also in the world. Volunteering isn’t the only club type, though. There is a club for most interests, and if there isn’t one for you, start one! Let’s go make a difference, Huskies!