• Digital
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
Front L-R: Victoria Robles, Sophia Villalba, Jack Kotoff, Angel, Trejo, Tireni Oyenusi, Andrew Rosales, John Atkinson, Jonavan Castaneda
Back L-R: Nathaniel De La Torres, Mr. Rolland, Stephen Brown, Daniel Antunez, Trent Volkmann, Henryk Conley, Chris Holman

Front L-R: Victoria Robles, Sophia Villalba, Jack Kotoff, Angel, Trejo, Tireni Oyenusi, Andrew Rosales, John Atkinson, Jonavan Castaneda Back L-R: Nathaniel De La Torres, Mr. Rolland, Stephen Brown, Daniel Antunez, Trent Volkmann, Henryk Conley, Chris Holman

The Passion of the Digital Club

October 1, 2018

Digital Club is a booming club full of determined students who want to pursue their dreams of being videographers and video editors. “ For my future, I want to go to USC Film School” senior Nathaniel De La Torre says. All the students enrolled in this club have a passion for videography and editing. They take their passions and make mockumentaries, like ‘Tutoring’, an 8-episode series, or even a feature-length film. These students who didn’t have any intentions of joining Digital club have enjoyed it so much. Angel Trejo, a senior who “ joined a meeting by accident”  nevertheless, he stayed and even enlisted for the club. There doesn’t need to be any further examples of the ways Digital club could change your life. Teachers also persisted students in following their dreams. Daniel Antunez, a senior as well, had Mrs. Chappell introduce him to Digital Club, “ Digital Club allows you to express yourself creatively” he says. Mr. Rolland also feels very strongly about his love for Digital Club. “ I love Digital Club so much. To me, it’s ineffable,” he says. The strong bond of Digital Club catches on to you as well when you talk with them, so it must actually be ten times better being in the Digital Club. “ It sounds cool, maybe I’ll join” Tyler St. Amant, one of my colleagues, told me. If you want to join the Digital club, they will welcome you with open arms. You don’t need a lot of experience on videography and editing, so your peers can guide you along the way. You will make a lot of friends, as all the students in Digital Club all know each other. If you want to join the Digital club, it is scheduled every other Friday after-school. The meetings are held in room 273. Be sure to sign up!

How The Fantastic Digital Club Is Able To Accomplish So Much

The Digital club is one of the most hardworking groups of people in all of Chino Hills High. To explain, the Digital club is a club separated in two parts, the print and digital sides. The print side of the club is focused on photography, while the digital side focuses on the videos and shows like “Tutoring.” The club tries to meet every Friday, but most of the time there are people working on a project at any time of the day. The Digital club is spearheaded by Mr. Rolland who strives to be like the mentor he had when he was in high school and gives guidance to his students. The Digital club is able to accomplish so much because of two reasons, their hard work and dedication, and the tools they use which is second to none. Most of the members of the club are not only in love with their work, but also want to do it in the future. Many of the members even plan on going to college for film making or editing. Thus, their work is able to emit the love and passion for their craft, giving it a genuine feeling. Also, besides from just loving what they do, they are all extremely skilled in whatever they specialize in. For example, all of the editors actually know how to edit, and some even have jobs related to editing photos and videos. Equally important, besides the actual skills of the club members the actual equipment used is amazing. The print captain, for example, prefers Sony cameras rather than Canon. Also, the editors use Premiere Pro instead of Final Cut for editing. Ultimately, the Digital club is able to do such an amazing job at everything they do because of their fabulous dedication to their craft and the top tools that they

CHHS Digital

The Chino Hills High Digital Club has become a place that allows students to explore photography/print and editing/videos. It’s amazing how some of the brightest kids in the Digital Club found their passions accidentally. Whether they stumbled upon the club meeting, or came for free pizza, they still discovered and became a part of a life changing experience. Their own drive, along with mentoring from Mr. Rolland, made them into a productive and skilled team. The seniors this year all wish to pursue a career in either film making or production. This club is a stepping-stone in their pursuit. The favorite project done by the Digital Club is by far “Tutoring.” Digital Club spent countless hours brainstorming, filming, and editing their proudest production, “Tutoring.” “Tutoring” is a mockumentary of the TV show “The Office” and is what the club is primarily known for. Everyone loved the experience the series brought, but it couldn’t have been done without all the hard work involved. Filming took 3 to 4 months, about 2 or 3 times per week after school for about an hour. Aside from “Tutoring,” Digital Club worked on several other projects throughout last year, carrying over into the summer and the beginning of this year. Digital made every video shown in periods 1-6 on the first day of school. The club put together all the videos just two weeks before the First Day! It took a solid week of filming and planning, and a few busy days of editing to ensure that the videos were done in time. As for the actual mechanics of filming, the crew prefers Sony cameras. Digital Club told us their favorite things about the whole experience. Aside from their obvious love of film and making videos, this close-knit group said they loved working collaboratively best. They also said they enjoyed all the people they met through the club. The memories made by this group will last a lifetime! To anyone who has an interest in videography or photography, they would love to have you. While it’s not a class, they would be willing to teach you, long, as you are someone they can trust. If you want to see more of Digital Club, go check out their YouTube Channel!

Digital Club

When creativity and technology begin to mingle, great endeavors begin to happen. On campus, there is a group of students who recognize the importance of committing and expanding their knowledge and drive for design and film. In Chino Hills High School’s Digital Club, students are exposed to the art of photography, filming, and digital imaging through new projects given every school year. Meetings are held every other Friday of the month in Mr. Rolland’s classroom in room 273, for anyone who has a passion for film. Last year, members dedicated four solid months of filming the documentary, “ Tutoring” “ which was a series of episodes featuring members of the club who portrayed student life on campus. Another past project the Digital Club achieved in the past is the “ State of District” video that was a collaboration with schools in the district to create a series of music videos. So far, the club is currently working on a project called “ Husky of the Month,”  in which the members are excited to announce that this project will be produced this year. The club also designs banners and posters for clubs on campus and are currently working on prints for the upcoming school events such as the Homecoming and Prom dances. Outside of the club, members contribute to their YouTube channel with over 600 subscribers, which have over 400-500 views in each video. The majority of the members in the club are seniors with many who have committed to advance their knowledge and passion for filmmaking and design in college. Senior Nathaniel De La Torre plans to pursue filming in the future; he is interested in film producing at USC and strives to take the road to becoming a filmmaker. senior Angel Trejo already is achieving his dreams of becoming a filmmaker, he has a part time job at a film making company where he films high school sport teams and focuses on what players do on a daily basis. Mr. Rolland, the club advisor, is proud of all the achievements that his students have achieved and believed that the best part of being an advisor is “ to watch students create memories and provide more opportunities for students in achieving skills for digital imaging”