The Howler

Comedy Sportz Match

Comedy Sportz Match

Lydia Kelley, Staff Writer

On Friday, September 28th, Chino Hills High Comedy Sportz club hosted a match against the faculty and staff. Mr.Fawcett, Mrs.Chiotti, Mrs.VanShaik, and Mr.Rolland all participated in the match. It was the Red Team against the Blue team. Each team consisted of two students and two teachers. Students played hilarious improvisational games that allowed the audience to find humor in every little detail. Each team was given a scene or game that they had to act out. The audience would then vote for whom they thought should earn the points for that round. It was an intense game because both teams were tied at halftime. During halftime snacks were sold in the lobby for purchase as well as blocks of wood with the signatures of each team member from the match. The left over blocks of wood that weren’t sold at halftime were auctioned off to the audience as the team members prepared for their next game. The second half finally began after fifteen minutes, which felt like forever to the audience because of all of the excitement to see who would win the overall match. In the second, half match the staff was fully involved in their characters and scene and the game left the audience wanting more. The final round began with a scene from the Red Team and a game from the Blue Team. At the end, the judge then began tallying up the results of the match and the audience waited for the drum roll and the winner. Finally, the announcer announced the winner, “Congrats to the BLUE Team, you have won this match.”   The Blue Team was so happy because they knew they worked hard to make the audience laugh, and edging out the Red Team by only one point. Comedy Sportz saw this as a great way to kick off the season and cannot wait to see what this year has in store for them.

About the Writer
Lydia Kelley, Staff Writer

Lydia Kelley is a senior at Chino Hills High School. Some of her interests are dancing and teaching others to dance. She likes to dance because it’s...

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

The New Grinch: Naughty or Nice?

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

Marching Season Comes To An End

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

Tis’ The Season for Holiday Movies

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

CHHS Choir Spreading Holiday Cheer for Breakfast

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

“This Is Us” and the Crew Behind It

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

Halloween on Netflix

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

Venom: Goopy Mess or Ferocious Success?

• Comedy Sportz Match

Arts

“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” Recent Impact on Generation Z

• Comedy Sportz Match

OP-ED

The College Application Experience

Comedy Sportz Match