• Homecoming 2018
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 4
    • Chapter 5
Photos by Giselle Orozco and Allison Ihde

Celebrating Homecoming 2018

October 25, 2018

Homecoming is a very relevant part of the American high school experience. At Chino Hills High, Homecoming is something that students look forward to and plan for at the beginning of the school year. This year, the Homecoming festivities started a week early at Chino Hills High School with the Homecoming football game on Friday, October 5. Year’s prior to this year, the Homecoming game has been the day before the actual dance. The game was still exciting, and students in the stands enjoyed the float parade and the halftime show. The week leading up to the Homecoming dance consisted of activities during lunch in Center Ice. During this week, students continued asking other students to go to the Homecoming dance with them. Many students will typically make a sign to ask their girlfriend, boyfriend, or friend to the dance. On October 13, the Homecoming dance occurred, and it involved an around the world theme. Several different countries were incorporated into the dance in the large gym including China and England. Homecoming is popular among students for many reasons, but one of the key factors is that the dance requires getting dressed up. Despite taking place at school, Homecoming gives students the opportunity to remove themselves from their usual school environment. Students dress in formal wear and usually go to the dance with a group of friends or a date. The dance brings everyone together to celebrate the beginning of the school year and the future school events.

Homecoming 2018

October 13th, 2018, was a night that will be remembered as one of the best of the year. All the students at Chino Hills High School prepare for a night full of dancing and music. Whether you’re going in a big group or stag, this is a day you look forward to every year. Everyone brings out their best attire on one of the few nights of our adolescent life’s where we dress as best as we possibly can. Once you arrived, the excitement of every person waiting in line could almost be felt. The anticipation slowly rose with each waiting moment spent in line. Once in, you were welcomed by a red carpet and friendly administrators wishing you a good time. The event had multiple tables for food and drinks, which was a welcome surprise for all the students. The tables were filled with chocolate covered Strawberries, cupcakes, cookies, and a very diverse assortment of cakes. The staff had set up multiple booths to ensure a fun night for the students, with a coat check to a photo booth to multiple game consoles to play. Upon entering the gym, you were thrust into a large collection of people dancing and having a great time. You had no choice but to feel excited about what the night had in store for you. The D.J played many pop hits that got all the students excited and kept them dancing all night. “ HOCO 2018” was definitely one that will be remembered for quite a long time.

The Homecoming Dance

On Saturday, October 13th, Chino Hills High School held its annual Homecoming Dance. The theme for this dance was “ Around the World” with the decorations and activities related to international themes. As students walked in, they were greeted by desserts, including cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, and mini cupcakes. The school also provided free water bottles for everyone to drink when they got tired from dancing or were too hot. Along with this, there were many other activities, such as artists drawing caricatures for students who posed for them. There was also a Mehndi stand, which is an Indian temporary tattoo that is drawn on students’ arms. Inside the gym was a large poster with international countries on it. A student, when asked how Homecoming was, said, “ It was fun. Me and my homies had a blast and enjoyed the food there.” The dance lasted from 7 o’clock all the way to 11 o’clock at night. There were also games, such as arcade car racing, and Connect 4. Many people said the best part of Homecoming, aside from the dancing, was taking pictures. Many people took pictures before the dance with their friends, posing in the rainy weather but still making great pictures. During the dance, there was also a photo booth, where students could pose with their friends in front of the camera, using props to liven up their pictures. After taking their pictures, the students would receive free pictures. Overall, for many Homecoming was a great experience of high school that they would never forget.

You Can’t Stop the Spirit!

The week before Homecoming holds an infinite amount of exciting experiences that proved to send spirit levels to epic proportions. Each day held enthusiastic students who went all out for each Husky Spirit Day. The week started on a groovy note with everyone wearing tie-dye clothes. Monday was World Peace Day and showcased the Homecoming dance theme. On Tuesday, school was a crazy new place with all the world tacky tourists milling and roaming around the school in their fanny packs and leis. On Wednesday, sports rivalries were set in stone sporting their favorite team’s jerseys, socks, and hats, with everyone in high spirits as the anticipation of Homecoming settled in. On Thursday, everyone was seeing double, or triple, or quadruple! Everyone was matching his or her friend on Twin Day. Friday, the last school day before Homecoming, a buzzing energy filled the blue and green clad halls as everyone piled on their Husky gear. It wasn’t just the spirit days that made Spirit Week so special. The Polynesian Club gave an excellent performance that added some extra magic to the week. Additionally, the anticipation not just for the dance, but also the last home football game; unfortunately, the thunderstorm postponed the game, but could not wipe out our school spirit! Years from now, we will always remember the great deal of effort and spirit that our school had during the week prior to Homecoming. Let’s go, Huskies!

Homecoming: A Dance to Remember

Following the weeks of preparation and hard work the Homecoming dance was finally upon us! Everyone braved the risk of a downpour as they stood in line on the red carpet, waiting to enter. The lengthy line to enter the dance was worth the wait! After checking in with the staff and receiving your wristband, you entered an entirely new world! With colorful lights and brilliant backdrops, you entered an unforgettable tourist destination. You are barely aware that you’re in your very own CHHS ASB quad! If you continue walking to the Avalanche Gym, you are greeted with darkness illuminated by dancing lights and a DJ Booth and stage! The sound of pumping bass greets everyone who enters. The center of the dance floor is where most students congregated. Here, you find the jumping and energetic crowd that danced all night. If dancing wasn’t your jam, you still could enjoy the energy the gym carried, there were plenty of other activities in the gym for your pleasure. These games included air hockey, various arcade games, and a dancing competition game where you could battle your friends. The bleachers were pulled out on one side of the gym, to rest dancing feet.   The DJ had the audience on standby in the bleachers while the Homecoming Princes and King were announced. After that, celebrations encompassed the gym and music resumed at the heart of the gym. If all the commotion isn’t your idea of a good time, there was an entire quad of games and food. Set up in little areas were life size versions of classic games, including Jenga and Connect 4, around glamorous red sofas. Pressures were stacked almost as high as the Jenga blocks, no one wanting to be the one who ended the game. There was no shortage of games at this dance, no way. They had classic arcade games including Galaga and Ms. Pacman. Maybe games aren’t your forte. They also had a photo booth in which friends could take pictures with adorable props, and all get to go home with a printed copy of the memories. All the dancing making you hungry? Do you need a sweet treat or maybe some water for an energizer before going back out on the dance floor? Well, the BAHT Academy kids have got you covered. They ran the water station, and dessert table, making sure all attendees had a necessary boost of sugar. The hours seemed to tick by, but the dancing and energy seemed to have a lasting effect on the attendees. All the guests came out of the gates with smiles on their faces, still jittery from the dance floor, and the biting cold not quite hitting them yet.

Dancing Around the World

The Homecoming Dance at Chino Hills High School was a work of art and something that many people were looking forward to and was a good time for both dates and for friends. Homecoming took place on October 13th, 2018 at Chino Hills High School from 7-11 PM. Many students had a wonderful time at the dance and also had a wonderful time taking pictures and eating dinner before the big night. My group went to The Slurpin’ Noodle House in Rowland Heights, and we took pictures before at Chaffey College at Chino. I went with my friends and girlfriends, where we ate a lot of food, took a lot of pictures, and had a lot of fun. Arriving to the dance our group was excited, and ready to have a good time. The theme was around the world, with all the decorations being from “Around the World,” and it was a sight to see. The DJ played a decent amount of good songs, and also lifted a great vibe for the students. The Homecoming dance was a big success, as the students left happy, and left ASB happy as well because of the success of the beginning of the year dance.