The Howler

Halloween on Netflix

https://goo.gl/images/t5vGVt

https://goo.gl/images/t5vGVt

Alyssa Gordon, Staff Writer

As Halloween approaches, people generally start to look for something scary to watch. Even though teens have usually grown out of Halloween traditions such as Trick or Treating, and being scared is something that doesn’t get old. Besides going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios or Knotts Scary Farm, Netflix is easily accessible if someone wants to watch scary content. Netflix is always a great option when looking for something to watch, especially during the fall season. This year, new releases like The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, showcase a different side of Netflix’s usual original content. The series is an adaptation of the 90’s sitcom Sabrina the Teenage Witch. While many teens have probably not seen the original show, the new adaptation strays away from the first series’ content. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is based on a series of comics from Archie Comics, which is known for the inspiration behind the popular teen show, Riverdale. The newer adaptation of Sabrina is in many ways the complete opposite of the original show because of its horror elements. This makes it the perfect thing to binge around Halloween time. The first season was released October 26 on Netflix and consists of ten episodes that are each around an hour long. The new storyline that Sabrina goes through will intrigue both new viewers of the show and old ones looking for nostalgia. Many characters from the original show make appearances, including Sabrina, her aunts, and the well-known black cat, Salem. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is now available to watch on Netflix with season two coming soon.

About the Writer
Alyssa Gordon, Staff Writer

Here at Chino Hills High School we have some pretty great students. One of them is a junior named Alyssa Gordon who grew up here in Chino Hills and loves...

• Halloween on Netflix

Arts

“This Is Us” and the Crew Behind It

• Halloween on Netflix

Arts

Venom: Goopy Mess or Ferocious Success?

• Halloween on Netflix

Arts

Comedy Sportz Match

• Halloween on Netflix

Arts

“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” Recent Impact on Generation Z

• Halloween on Netflix

News

Journalism, Avid, and Other Groups Honored at the Renaissance Rally

• Halloween on Netflix

Student Life

Renaissance Rally Honors Students

• Halloween on Netflix

Sports

CHHS Athletic Trainers Assisting the Athletes

• Halloween on Netflix

Sports

Cross Country Girls Back to Back League CHAMPS! Girls and Boys Cross Country Off to CIF

• Halloween on Netflix

OP-ED

The Fast Growing Hobby of Watching Anime and Reading Manga

• Halloween on Netflix

Sports

One Big Cross Country Family

Halloween on Netflix