The Howler

Cross Country Girls Back to Back League CHAMPS! Girls and Boys Cross Country Off to CIF

Toni Ayala, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 both Girls and Boys Cross Country team went to compete in the Cross Country Baseline League finals. The race had a lot of high stakes involved, and both teams had a chance to bring back the Baseline League title to Chino Hills for the second time in a row. Leading the pack on the girl’s side was Jacqui Duarte, who was working towards getting an individual league championship and as expected. she succeeded in winning the championship with the time of 17:48. Not that far behind her was Lauren Jauregui, who achieved 2nd place with the time of 18:10. Miranda McGarry also placed 9th with the time of 19:11. With all these very high impressive times, the girl’s team brought back the Baseline League title to Chino Hills. The boys also had a very impressive performance where they went from 4th place to 2nd place showing a great improvement and accomplishment. The boy’s team had a great friendly competition with both Chino Hills seniors Noah Rehfeldt and Jake Bergmann chasing after the same goal to be the individual league champion. It was neck to neck towards the end of the race, but Noah Rehfeldt pulled through as the league champion with the time of 15:46 and Jake Bergmann got 2nd with the time of 15:47 a second from Rehfeldt. Also coming in top ten was senior Caleb Kozakovsky with the time of 16:05. The boys made very impressive and big improvements and finished with the team placement of 2nd place. Both teams are on their way to compete in the CIF Division 1 meet next. Go Huskies!

About the Writer
Toni Ayala, Staff Writer

Toni Ayala is a truly remarkable and reliable student here at CHHS. She has been on the track team for the past 4 years and loves being on it every second...

• Cross Country Girls Back to Back League CHAMPS! Girls and Boys Cross Country Off to CIF

Student Life

Renaissance Rally Honors Students

Sports

One Big Cross Country Family

Husky Nation

Journalism Fundraiser

Howler Spread

Celebrating Homecoming 2018

Sports

Dominating Damien at the Homecoming Game

Husky Nation

Husky Nation 29

Howler Spread

Hanging Out With the Girls Volleyball Team

Sports

Undefeated Girl’s Varsity Golf Makes a Comeback on the Greens!

Sports

Cool Breeze Cross-Country Invitational

Howler Spread

CHHS Girls Golf Team Undefeated