Renaissance Rally Honors Students

Renaissance Rally Honors Students

Photos by - Giselle Orozco, Tori Ayala, Ms. Dorado

Rishi Shah, Staff Writer

On November 2, Chino Hills High had a Renaissance Rally. The theme for this rally was a show/carnival theme, with posters and decorations related to that all over the large gym. The rally began with a spectacular show, from the actors of the CHHS musical presented by our drama students. The performers presented a performance from the “ Greatest Showman,” with the singing and dancing, staring off the rally with a bang. After this, the rally awarded students who were “ Top Dogs” with achievements in academics and extracurricular. Next came a baton-twirling performance from a freshman on campus. She wowed the crowd with her impressive tricks that required lots of skill. The school then went on to award many more Top Dogs, honoring our hardworking Huskies. One of the highlights of the rally was the boy’s dance team, as the crowd roared as their performance was announced. After the boys’ team finished, the rally had an arm-wrestling competition between two teachers. After this competition, the school has a special surprise for the students. The school brought out a juggler who performed great tricks for the students. Many enjoyed this rally, explaining that they enjoyed the surprises and performances that ASB provided. Many students loved the honors that they received, as students who were involved in both strong academic and extracurricular were honored. The rally also showed off the various talents of our Huskies, showing how unique our students are at school. Overall, the rally was a great and exciting break from class, as it provided us with a great opportunity to honor our students who participate in our school.