• National Signing Day
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 4
    • Chapter 5
    • Chapter 6

National Signing Day

National Signing Day

December 29, 2018

National Signing Day

The Big Day for Senior Athletes

Photo by Lydia Kelley

Photo by Lydia Kelley

Photo by Lydia Kelley

Photo by Lydia Kelley

The Big Day for Senior Athletes

Signing day for the senior athletes occurred on Thursday, November 15th in center ice at Chino Hills High. Different athletes signed off to their college of acceptance, signifying the beginning to a new journey they will soon take on. Eleven students sat at a designated table on the Center Ice stage during lunch and celebrated their hard work with their friends and family. The list of colleges ranged from all over the country from the west coast Universities of Southern California, all the way to the east coast Manhattan College in New York City. Students signed for many different sports like baseball, soccer, softball, swim, and so many other sports. This goes to show how unique Chino Hills High School is with several athletes excelling in various sports. Students sported their signing college gear and took photos with their supporters and families. Hundreds of students gathered to watch this event take place. In front of each signing student table area, there were balloons with the color of the college they are going to attend in the fall. Chino Hills High banners were up on both ends of the table marking where their journey had started. These college-bound students have worked so hard for the past four years and were so excited to reach this achievement. These colleges with open doors of opportunity will contribute to greater things for these students and their futures. The class of 2019 has definitely made its mark with these talented athletes, and it will continue to do so for the future students at Chino Hills High School.

National Signing Day

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

National Signing Day

This is a special day to remember where many athletes are committing to the school of their choice to further their academic and athletic career. NLI stands for National Letter of Intent for an athlete to play on a college sport team. When an athlete is pursuing a college of interest, he will be offered to go on a visit. After the visit, the coach has the power to offer the athlete based on how they liked the athlete. There will be a follow up phone call with the athlete on how he liked the school. The coach will possibly throw an offer out to the athlete and offer him a spot on their baseball program. If the athlete then decides to commit, then the athlete is then committed to the program and is required to sign the NLI to be officially committed. Many young athletes on November 14, from Chino Hills High committed to various college sport programs. The following students’ that signed to a college on signing day were Marley Basurto, Karsyn Easton, Maddie Barnes, Brooke Johnson, Audrey Johnstone, David Martin, Connor Brady, Andrew Tovar, and Madison Enda, are the students who are playing sports in college next school year. All the new college bound athletes who committed to various colleges showed that all their hard work and dedication of putting in the long hours of hard work had finally paid off.

Signing Day: Maddie Barnes

Signing Day: Maddie Barnes

Maddie Barnes has committed to Saint Francis University for softball in Loretto, Pennsylvania. This is such an amazing opportunity for Maddie who has always wanted to go to college on the east coast, and is so excited to go to a new state, and experience a whole different perspective of the United States. When she went to Saint Francis for touring the campus, she fell in love with everything it has to offer, and she was beyond excited for the new college opportunities. She has been playing softball for as long as she can remember and is in love with the sport and how it brings her so much happiness. While she is going to miss all of her friends and family here in Chino Hills she knows she will make new friends at Saint Francis and she can’t wait for the next step in her life. Congratulations Maddie Barnes on your amazing accomplishment and go RED FLASH!!

Signing Day: Karysn Eaton

Karysn Eaton has committed to Molloy College! This is such a big thing for Karsyn who has been playing softball since childhood and after all the hard work it’s finally paying off. Molloy College will be a complete change for Karsyn because it is located in Long Island in New York State. But, this is something she always wanted, she has always loved the east coast and has always wanted to go to college there. Molloy College is one of the best D-2 colleges, and she’s excited to be 20 minutes away from New York City and 20 minutes away from the beach; it is just perfect for her. She said, “ I can be in my favorite city for one weekend and be at the beach for another weekend.” She has already made friends at Molloy College and is already getting close to her college softball team. She is also excited to make new friends, but is sad to be leaving her friends here in California, but it’s time for a new chapter for her. She is just excited to see where Molloy is going to take her. Congratulations to Karsyn Eaton class of 2023 and Go Lions!!

Signing Day: Raeanee Jones

Signing Day: Raeanee Jones

Raeanee Jones announced that she is going to play division 1 soccer at Grand Canyon University in Arizona. Raeanee is so excited for what Grand Canyon is going to bring for her next year. Raeanne has been playing soccer for a long time and she is so amazing at the sport and is still excelling at it. When she announces that she was going to GCU it was a dream come true. She has always wanted to go to GCU and the amazing opportunities it has to offer, also the positivity and all of encouragement that GCU brings to the table. Raeanne getting accepted doesn’t mean she doesn’t need to practice everyday, but instead she continues to practice to become a better player. When Raeanee is not playing soccer she is jumping from the Strastophere ride in Las Vegas, going to Seattle, or going to the beach. Raeanee is obsessed with these places and makes the most memories of these places. Raeanee is one of the smartest, outgoing girls anyone can know and it really a blessing to know her, I can’t wait for what opportunities and blessing are going to come to Raeanee and she is going to do great at GCU and everything else in her life. Go Antelopes!

Signing Day: Jack Landherr

Jack Landherr is a football player at Chino Hills High School, and is currently a senior. This year Jack played on the varsity football squad. Jack is very intelligent young man and his favorite football player is Jason Witten. Jack had several offers to many different universities and made a decision to commit to UCLA Football! Other than schools that were scouting Jack were the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Jack started playing football at the age of 7, when he was in the second grade. Jack is what is called a student athlete, and he currently has a 4.33 GPA, and his favorite subject in school is history. Jack is overall a well-known student athlete and we can’t wait to see what the future has in store for this young aspiring man. Congratulations to Jack Landherr on his commitment to UCLA Football!