The College Application Experience

The College Application Experience

Martin Oh, Co-Editor in Chief

For the class of 2019, the time of leaving high school and moving on to college is coming to a close, as the first semester has come to an end. Although seniors are excited about this next chapter, the process of college applications is very time-consuming and pressuring to everyone. Many students have been submitting either early decisions or actions, and some have received their results, as students have been admitted to universities like Northeastern and even Cornell. The Cal State applications, as well as the regular decisions, are all coming to a close as well, but the questions about the experience while writing these applications are the curious questions for some. Some students explained they began writing their common app supplemental essay at the beginning of summer, and they would write and edit the essay for months. In addition, many schools required additional essays, ranging from 50-600 word limits, and some school didn’t provide a limit to the word count. The biggest problems seem to be the absurd amount of payments to apply and submit an application, and more money has to be paid to submit our scores. Overall the college application experience for many people and myself is something very special but is an experience no one would want to go through again.