• Spring Rally 2019
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 4

First Rally of Spring 2019

Photos by Giselle Orozco

Photos by Giselle Orozco

Photos by Giselle Orozco

Photos by Giselle Orozco

First Rally of Spring 2019

February 12, 2019

The Class Spirit Rally

The Class Spirit Rally

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

Photo by Giselle Orozco

On January 25, Chino Hills High School’s very own ASB held a rally to encourage school spirit for all of the class levels and also to congratulate and award our sports teams. The rally was themed based off of each class graduating year’s class colors, with each year encouraged to wear their class color to support their class. The rally was an exciting and fun event for many, as it brought forth games, performances, and much more. Each class had a dance team that represented the graduating years, as the teams put on an exhilarating show for all in the audience. Along with this, there were also games played during the rally. For example, a three-point contest was played, and the winner had to face off against the teachers. In addition, games like tug of war were played as well. The class year that won the game received free t-shirts thrown into the winning class audience. The best parts for most, as always, were the performances put on by the dance teams, and the audience cheered as the all-male dance team rushed to the center of the gym and provided an entertaining and exhilarating dance number for everyone to enjoy. The girl’s dance team did a great job as well, leaving the audience on their feet cheering for more. Overall, the rally was a very exciting time for everyone on campus, especially the freshman who experienced it for only their second or third time. Once again the rally for sure blasted school spirit into all of our Huskies.

Bringing Students Together Through the January Rally

The students cheered for Security Dan Quevado as he showed off his moves at the Rally.
Photo by Giselle Orozco

The students cheered for Security Dan Quevado as he showed off his moves at the Rally. Photo by Giselle Orozco

Rallies are a great way of bringing students together, especially at the beginning of a semester. The first rally of the spring semester was held Friday, January 25 in the large gym. At first, students had mixed feelings toward the rally because it made the day not have a late start. Late start is treasured by many students because they get to sleep in on that day. Despite this, most students more or less enjoy rallies because it gives them time away from class. The rally was set up based on the class colors, pink for freshmen, teal for sophomores, yellow for juniors, and purple for seniors. The bleachers were covered in color construction paper based on the class that was sitting there. Class shirts were also given to the students with the most pride points because of their involvement on campus. The rally started with a performance of JV Song, Varsity Song, and JV cheer. The rest of the time, mostly focused on honoring sports teams like cross-country and softball, but also consisted of class comp performances. Each grade had a group of dancers performed that led to the crowd becoming hyped. There was also a performance from the teachers that caused an uproar from students because no one expected it. Also, one of the beloved security guards, Dan, joined the dance at the last minute, which everyone thought was funny. As a whole, the rally was very entertaining and increased spirit with the use of the class color theme and the amazing performances from students and faculty.

The Class Colors Rally

The Class Colors Rally

All Male Dance Team perform at the rally-
photo by Giselle Orozco

All Male Dance Team perform at the rally- photo by Giselle Orozco

The first rally of 2019 started with a BANG! This new rally was about class colors. Many could tell that this rally production was a huge upgrade to the other rallies. The dances were amazing, the games were entertaining, and the appreciation towards athletes was very emotional. Everyone was hyped for this specific rally because it showed the all male dance team in its prime, and no one was disappointed by their performance. They danced their hearts out, and it pulled many heartstrings of the audience. It was refreshing to see the school support for all the teams who won first place in their season. Girls Golf placed first in league, which is amazing since this is the first time this has ever happened at Chino Hills High School. The games played during the rally were very funny, especially the tug of war between all the classes. This rally was very successful in terms of the level of comedy and entertainment. If ASB keeps up with this level of production, I, and many others will be pleased and ready for the next one. Keep up the Great Work Huskies!

First Rally of 2019

First Rally of 2019

Junior dance comp - Photo by Giselle Orozco

The new year brings many new expectations such as a new semester, new friends, and new goals, but it also brings a fresh refueling of the Husky school spirit that can be most effectively delivered during rallies. Hosted by the ASB crew, the first rally of the new year enabled many students to re-experience the pride of being a Husky student on campus. Many Huskies were recognized, including the winter sports team, the male, and female dance team, and participants from class competitions. The male and female cross country team was recognized for their high achievements as CIF finalists and as one of the many sports teams on campus that have hard-working student-athletes. The cross country team was awarded a CIF banner that signified their remarkable performance this season. Other winter sports such as girl’s water polo, girl’s basketball, and boy’s tennis were recognized for their hard work this season as well. To refuel student pride ASB hosted many class competition games that required student participation from each class. To end the rally with high spirits, the successful male and female dance teams performed several songs. The first rally of the new year brought much excitement to students on campus and was successful in achieving its goal.