Movies That I’m Excited About This Year

Besides the list in the article, check out the six most anticipated movies of 2019.

https://goo.gl/images/3U5Mfx

Om Angarkar, Staff Writer

A new wave of sequels and reboots has changed Hollywood’s quota for original content, and it’s making the movie studios the big bucks. Though it’s very annoying to see the trend spread through every production company, some actually live up to the hype that they created from the trailers.

Hopefully, in 2019, this statement will be very much true to all movies that premiered on the big screen. The following list are the top movies that I’m excited about this year.

1. The Avengers Endgame – I couldn’t have started this list without Endgame. The hype that surrounds this movie is overwhelming, especially when Infinity War gained over two BILLION dollars from the box office alone. Now, that Thanos has successfully killed half the population of the universe with the snap of a finger, fans are questioning what the Avengers – or what’s left of them – are going to do next? This is definitely one of the movies I can’t wait for to come out.
  2. How to Train Your Dragon – The Hidden World: The third installment in the very popular How to Train Your Dragon series is coming out this year, and I’m excited about it. After Hiccup had transformed a dragon-killing village named Berk into a nursery for them with the help of his pet dragon Toothless, he is reunited with his long-thought-dead mother. His father – the chief of Berk – died, assuming Hiccup as the new chief of Berk. The third installment finds Hiccup and his friends, discovering a “Hidden World” of dragons, where Toothless finds the last female of his kind. Will Toothless find the love of his life, or live in the dreadful friend-zone; the epic conclusion of this loved series will answer all of your questions.
  3. Dark Phoenix – When I watched X-Men – The Last Stand, I wasn’t really satisfied with the introduction of Dark Phoenix because I thought it was forced. A juggle of having the classic Magneto/Professor X feud as well as the introduction of multiple characters like Juggernaut, topped with the rising instability of Phoenix makes the film very congested. Now, that we will have a whole film dedicated to Dark Phoenix, I can’t help but be excited about it. Albeit X-Men: Apocalypse was a disappointment, skepticism will always be an emotion that all fans have, so all I can say is, fingers crossed!
  4. Toy Story 4 – This movie may be a HUGE disappointment or a lovely ending to the Toy Story Saga. As well as many others’, they should’ve just ended the saga with Toy Story 3. It had a tear-jerking end and a complete, fleshed out conclusion. The main plot setting is that Woody and his pals, with Bonnie, head out to an amusement park, where the toys meet new characters. We don’t know much about this movie, but HOPEFULLY, this movie will pull my heartstrings just as it did in Toy Story 3.

These are the top movies coming out in 2019 that get my adrenaline going. I hope you’re pumped for them as well. 2019 looks to be a good year for movies, so you better watch out for them!