The Howler

CHHS Girl’s Basketball and Soccer Teams End With Outstanding Seasons

Senior+Dorcas+Wu+sets+up+for+a+free+throw.+Dorcus+Wu%2C+has+signed+and+will+be+going+to+Concordia+University+in+Portland%2C+Oregon.+

Senior Dorcas Wu sets up for a free throw. Dorcus Wu, has signed and will be going to Concordia University in Portland, Oregon.

Toni Ayala

Toni Ayala

Toni Ayala

Jordan DeLaVega, Staff Writer

CHHS Girls Basketball Team. Photo by Giselle Orozco

This year’s the girl’s basketball team has had an outstanding year, and although this year has come to a close, the team did have an amazing season making it to the third round in CIF. Senior Dorcus Wu, has signed and will be going to Concordia University in Portland, Oregon. This will be a great opportunity for her to go to college and to continue to play basketball after high school. The lower classmen basketball players plan to step up and take the roles of the current graduating class. The people that motivate the team are the coaches and their parents who are always there for them and make the girls better players’ every day. The girls would like to emphasize the misconception of girl’s basketball not being as competitive as the boy’s basketball team. However, they are always encouraging girls to come and try out to join the team next year. The girls have a passion for the sport and I can’t wait to see what these girls are going to do with their athletic skills in the future.

CHHS Girls Soccer Team. Photo by Giselle Orozco

This year the girl’s soccer team has its fair share of it ups and downs. To start off, so many of the seniors are leaving this year and it’s really going to be different to see how the team comes together next year. The season ended with the girls making it to the first round of CIF. The team is proud of some of the senior girls signing and committing to colleges. Emma Roberts signing and committing to Trinity Christian College in Chicago, Illinois, also Reanne Jones signing and committing to Grand Canyon University In Phoenix, Arizona. These girls are stated that every time they play or spend time together that it’s never a dull moment because it’s like their second family. Most of The girls have been playing since they were four years old, either because their parents wanted them to play or they just fell in love with the game. Soccer is so important to the girls, and they always go out of their way to make themselves better players every day. They always find a way to be part of each other’s lives and this makes them love the sport even more. However, the girls will admit that passing the ball and communication are some of the major things that they hope to improve for next season. The girls are always doing activities together and are so blessed to see some of their friends going off in the world. We all can’t wait to see what these girls have in store for the future and where these opportunities are going to take them.

About the Writer
Jordan DeLaVega, Staff Writer

Jordan has been part of the journalism program for 3 years. He currently has a job at Jack in the Box as a cashier and drive thru person. Jordan loves...

• CHHS Girl’s Basketball and Soccer Teams End With Outstanding Seasons

Howler Spread

Allegiance to Wrestling

Sports

Chino Hills High Baseball

News

Boys Varsity Basketball Back to Back CIF State Champions!

Sports

Boys Varsity Basketball Get Ready to Defend State Title

Sports

Chino Hills High Wrestling is a Sport of Determination

• Sports

CHHS Softball is Ready for New Season

Sports

An Interview with the Boys Varsity Basketball Team

Sports

Boys Basketball Heads to CIF Finals

Sports

Varsity Basketball Continues Their Streak

Sports

National Signing Day