2018 Most Popular Movies

Om+Angarkar%2C+a+fellow+journalist%2C+whose+favorite+film+was+Thor+Ragnarok.+reviews+the+top+movies+of+2018.+

2018 Most Popular Movies

Om Angarkar, a fellow journalist, whose favorite film was Thor Ragnarok. reviews the top movies of 2018.

Tyler St. Amant

Tyler St. Amant

Tyler St. Amant

Tyler St. Amant, Staff Writer

2018 was a movie going season it seems, and some of the biggest films of all time came out last year, including Avengers: Infinity War and Incredibles 2. Many of these films are loved by most of the students on our campus, so I decided to take a survey on what the most popular films were for some of the students last year. Out of the many students, I asked, first was Om Angarkar, a fellow journalist, whose favorite film was Thor Ragnarok. He said this specific film was his favorite “because it truly changed [his] life through its subversive and intelligent comedy.” Anshul Joshi is another freshman whose favorite film was Avengers: Infinity War because “it is super epic, and the ending was totally shocking.” He said he “totally didn’t expect it coming at all.” Safi Saleem’s favorite film of the year was The Grinch, mainly due to its “fun animation” and super “cool and funny plot.” He, in fact, even said that this interpretation was “much better than the Jim Carrey incarnation.” Nina Manayon’s favorite film of the year was Hereditary because of how in her opinion it was “scary and cool.” Alexis Aguilar’s favorite film was Incredible 2 because it “was incredible! Totally awesome and funny.” Seemingly, the most popular films this year were unsurprisingly Marvel films. This is so obvious because of how popular and beloved these films are. In fact, even though I did not include everyone I interviewed, over half of the 24 kids, I interviewed said that the Marvel films were their favorite. Also, animation films such as Incredibles 2 and The Grinch were also extremely popular even among teenagers. Overall, there have definitely been some good films this past year, and it seems that everyone has found at least one film that would be considered a favorite.