Boys Basketball Heads to CIF Finals

Boys Basketball Heads to CIF Finals

Photo by Toni Ayala

Photo by Toni Ayala

Photo by Toni Ayala

Photo by Toni Ayala

Andrew Tovar, Staff Writer

The Chino Hills Huskies boy’s basketball team ended the regular season with 17-9 for their overall record. They finished their first round in the CIF playoffs against Muir High School winning 59-37. The team played very hard and took smart shots throughout the game to the end result to get the win. As they stand right now, they are ranked 12 in California and 43 in the national rankings as they continued to work their way up. The next game was on February 12, where the team took on Canyon High School in Anaheim winning 67-51. On February 14, the team played at home winning the quarterfinals 69-59. On February 16, the boys won the semifinal game against Windward High School with a nail-biting score of 49-47. On Saturday, February 23, the boys will play against Santa Margarita High School in the CIF finals at Cal Baptist University at 3:00 pm, both of these teams in the final are looking to come put on top and play to win, and we know our Huskies will show out. The way the Huskies have been playing the CIF games has been outstanding and they have been very competitive throughout the playoffs. We can sure tell that they have an agenda and don’t wish or want to lose. The Huskies will take on Santa Margarita for the CIF Championship, bringing their best to end up on top once again this season.