The Howler

ASB and Class Officer Elections are Here!

ASB candidates campaign posters and flyers posted around campus for 2019 - 2020 elections.

Rishi Shah

Rishi Shah

Rishi Shah

Rishi Shah, Staff Writer

As the students walked through the doors of the school on February 20th, they were greeted with campaigning posters sprawling all over the campus, for the students who wanted ASB positions in the school. Looking at the posters, with clever themes, students were notified about who was running for an ASB position, and they got some ideas on who they were going

Photo by Chino Hills ASB
Class of 2020 Candidates. (Left top) Luke Noblett, Nico Corrales, Sean Lomasney, Ekene Aniemeka, Brett Chavez, Katie Seto, Warren Huang

to vote for on Thursday and Friday. Advertising was not just done through posters; students all over the school were wearing merchandise that they were promoting. People wearing t-shirts, bandannas, and much more advertising all throughout school. In addition, to the delight of many of our students at this school, the candidates were passing around candy and many other things to students, including wristbands, stress balls, pop sockets, and pens. For the class of 2020, the class president candidates are Konner Kelley and Kaden Yang. For the ASB President, the candidates are Sean Lomasney and Warren Huang. The 2020 Vice-president candidates are Gene Feng and Brandon Lopes. The ASB Vice-president candidates are Brett Chavez and Luke Noblett. In addition, the 2020 Secretary candidates are Natalie Garcia and Melanie Valle. The ASB secretary candidates are Katie Seto and Ekene Aniemeka. Finally, Nico Corrales is running for Pep. All of the candidates have been aggressively campaigning for their position on the school presidential board or the ASB presidential board. For many freshmen, this is a new and interesting experience as they may have never seen this much campaigning at their school in general and this is something that is very different to them. Many students love this week, especially because of the free things they get from the candidates and the school spirit all over the school campus. Without a doubt, this election week is an interesting experience for everyone involved and a fun experience for the students of the school as well.

About the Writer
Rishi Shah, Staff Writer

Rishi Shah is currently in the 11th grade. Rishi enjoys spending time with all his friends playing basketball and video games. Rishi was born in New Jersey...

• ASB and Class Officer Elections are Here!

Arts

CHHS Dance Team National Champions Yet Again!

Arts

Drumline World Champions For Third Year in a Row!

Student Life

Be Part of Journalism for the 2019-20 School Year!

Husky Nation

Husky Nation 32

Howler Spread

Allegiance to Wrestling

Husky Nation

Husky Nation 31

News

Boys Varsity Basketball Back to Back CIF State Champions!

News

Class of 2023 Visit Chino Hills High

Sports

Boys Basketball Heads to CIF Finals

Arts

Band Competition Season is Here!