My Last Renaissance Rally

My Last Renaissance Rally

Lydia Kelley, Staff Writer

The second-semester Renaissance rally for academic achievement was very special for me because I got the opportunity to receive a medal award for being a fundraising officer for the club of the year, Girl Up Club and an award for being a part of the yearbook staff. I got a firsthand view of the rally on the sidelines with my Pentax camera. Each rally I enjoy taking pictures because it gives me an outlet to socialize with my friends. Sitting with my best friends was such an amazing experience because we always smile and make one another laugh. We sat together and watched the Super Smash Bros Tournament, and each round played was very interesting. Then, I got to watch my friends compete for prom tickets by tying balloons around their feet and trying not to pop them. It was really fun to watch them enjoy themselves and run around from others trying to pop the balloons. Next, we got to watch the dance team perform their Hip Hop group, which is always one of my favorite parts of the rallies. Dance team always has some new cool dance tricks that they bring out at each show that keeps the crowd intrigued. Since this had been one of my last rallies since I’m a senior at Chino Hills, I thought it would be fun to take a picture of one of my last Husky spell outs. Rallies have always been one of my favorite things about Chino Hills. Students have worked so hard, and it’s awesome for me as a photographer to be able to spruce the creativity that each student brings to Chino Hills High School.