Jacqueline Duarte CIF Champion!

Jacqueline+Duarte

Jacqueline Duarte CIF Champion!

Jacqueline Duarte

Jacqueline Duarte

Photo courtesy of Mr. Morales

Jacqueline Duarte

Photo courtesy of Mr. Morales

Photo courtesy of Mr. Morales

Jacqueline Duarte

Tony Ayala, Staff Writer

On November 23, 2018, Jacqueline Duarte had the honor to represent Chino Hills High School at the 2018 Cross Country CIF State Meet. Jacqui represented the Huskies with great pride and honor running 3 miles with a strong powerful mindset. This is Jacqui’s second year running at state, Jacqui ran at state last year as a freshman which is an incredible accomplishment to get at such a young age. What’s an even greater accomplishment is coming back this year for a second time in a row better and faster than ever. Freshman year at state Jacqui ran 18:19.9 but this year Jacqui ran faster with an impressive time of 18:04.3. that is a massive improvement, Jacqui without a doubt is an impressive runner for her age and still has years to come since she’s only a sophomore. One of the amazing aspects about running at state was that Jacqui’s fellow CHHS teammates went to go cheer her on which gave Jacqui a boost of confidence knowing her teammates believed in her, along with amazing support from her coaching staff at CHHS. 

On May 11 Jacqui won two Division 1 CIF Championships, she is the 800m and 1600m champion! Currently, Jacqui has 4 CIF Championships within 2 years in three different events. We definitely need to keep our eyes out for Jacqueline Duarte because she’s taking the running world by storm. Congratulations! GO JACQUI!!!!