New Food Places Give Purpose for Nearby Campus Dining

Some of the new food places by CHHS.

Some of the new food places by CHHS.

Photo by Howler Staff

Some of the new food places by CHHS.

Photo by Howler Staff

Photo by Howler Staff

Some of the new food places by CHHS.

Alyssa Gordon, Staff Writer

Late last summer, new shopping centers were built near Chino Hills High. The change was long awaited by residents of Chino Hills for several years because the land was empty prior to the construction. The two shopping centers are still being developed, but some of the completed places include Starbucks, 7 Leaves, and Nekter Juice Bar. Before the building of these new places, juniors and seniors with off-campus lunch passes were limited in the places to go during the 30-minute lunch break. Places like McDonald’s and a further Starbucks down the street off of Central have been staples for years, but students will now have a variety of places to go nearby school for lunch. Leaving for lunch is a big responsibility because students are expected to be back on time for fifth period and carry an off-campus pass with them, especially when leaving to the parking lot. Off-campus passes may not be appealing to all juniors and seniors because some of them do not drive to school and would have a difficult time getting from school to one of the places to eat. However, having an off-campus pass or not is not a big deal anymore because if you don’t leave for lunch there is always time after school to experience the new places on the way home.