Welcome Back Husky Pride Field Day!

Welcome Back Husky Pride Field Day!

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Amaya Williams Brown, Staff Writer

Hey Huskies! Welcome back and to all our new freshmen, welcome! We hope everyone’s summer was great and that the school year is even greater. Recently, our school held an epic Husky Field Day to ease the students out of summer and back into a nice academic mindset, in a very fun way. This field day had so many options to choose from, so everyone had something to do. There was a DJ who held several dancing contests and unleashed many of our Huskies secret talents.

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

There was a giant inflatable game of Twister and two large jumpers that served as obstacle courses. Though the school year may have started, the summer heat hasn’t stopped. The Let It Be Foundation quickly jumped into action by selling some delicious sweet lemonade for just a dollar. What a sweet deal! Kona Ice even stepped up with some of the COOLEST snow cones. Starbucks made an appearance by giving out free samples of their drinks, Espresso-yo-self. Chick-fil-a stopped by to give out some chicken and fries, pretty egg-citing huh? There was a giant chess, and checkers board as well for all the game lovers and an airbrush tattoo station. The stadium was filled with music, laughter, and good vibes. There was a smoothie bar that made smoothies for the students based off of the amount of energy they put into a stationary bike. What a work out! Well Huskies, with all these exciting events, we hope this year is the best one yet!