An Exciting and Memorable First Day

An Exciting and Memorable First Day

Photo courtesy of the Howler

Photo courtesy of the Howler

Photo courtesy of the Howler

Isabella Kendrena, Staff Writer

Returning to school after relaxing over summer vacation can sometimes be difficult. This year Chino Hills High School students had a lot more to look forward to on their first day of school, thanks to the Husky Pride Field Day that took place in the Husky Stadium.

The event consisted of many fun activities and offered the services of several vendors, including Airbrush Tattoo, Kona Ice, Chick-Fil-A, and more. While all of the vendors were popular among the students, the Let It Be Foundation’s

Photo by Isabella Kendrena

lemonade stand provided amazing service and created a positive field day experience for many Huskies. Students appreciated that the lemonade stand was the least expensive vendor, selling lemonade to students for only one dollar. Not only was the lemonade an affordable way to cool off in the heat, but the lemonade stand also used the profits made to raise money for a deserving charity, the Let It Be Foundation. I interviewed the Let It Be Club president, Serra Vithlani, to find out more about the significance of the lemonade stand, and Let It Be’s goal as a foundation. “The purpose of our lemonade stand is to bring awareness to our charity, but

Photo by Isabella Kendrena
Let it Be Foundation president
Serra Vithlani

also to bring people together as a community. Let It Be has been putting on lemonade stands for years, and we know that many Chino Hills locals look forward to enjoying the lemonade every year,” said Vithlani. She also shared, “I am so happy to bring awareness of the Let It Be Foundation to my school. For those who don’t know, our mission is to provide ongoing support and services to families of children diagnosed with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.” While all field day activities were memorable and exciting, it is great to recognize the charitable acts that are happening on our campus. For many students, it was such a positive experience to have been able to participate in many fun field day activities and to have been given the opportunity to support an incredible cause