Chino Hills High Started Off the Year With a Sizzling Hot Bang!

Photo courtesy of the Howler

Photo courtesy of the Howler

Photo courtesy of the Howler

Paolo Natividad, Staff Writer

Chino Hills High started off the year with a sizzling hot bang! With the school field day in its first day up and running, it provided much excitement and a great foot to start off on. Things like obstacle course jumpers, a DJ, easy-up tents and food vendors led the way to an amazing first day to the school year. Speaking of the food vendors, many lined up for things like Kona Ice, Lemonade from the Let It Be Foundation and Chick-Fil-a which showed up to the school-wide event. This event was absolutely stellar with the effort put within it and many were excited, however, this was capped by the weather and its heat. While all the food and the games were a major plus, the heat pushed many to stay under the easy-ups and chill out as they cooled off and talked to their friends about the summer. One such person was Victor Nunag, who went to Steubenville, a conference held in many different cities for Catholics to become closer to God, over the summer and added that this field day was calm. While others went through the Obstacle course jumpers, such as Owen Lovett, who lost his Airpods whilst climbing and ducking through the small yet challenging course. In addition to these small attractions, there was the “human foosball” jumper where you play soccer in the jumper, where many underclassmen played soccer within the small 10-yard jumper. One thing I mentioned earlier was the food. The line for this food was rough, especially at the Kona Ice and Chick-Fil-A, as a wall of students would engulf much space and left a few to faint while waiting in the hot heat of Southern California. The DJ played the music that brought nostalgia to a crowd of many, with songs like Turn Down For What, and was very interactive