Students Treated to a Husky Pride Field Day

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Rishi Shah, Co Editor-in-Chief

Entering the school on the first day presented a surprise for the students, including the new freshmen. Instead of a normal first day as many would have expected, students were greeted with something different. They were treated with the norm of going to their first class, but at the end of the day, there was a slight change. Period 1 was of normal length, but periods 2-6 were only 25 minutes long, and instead of a normal first day, students didn’t have to bring their backpacks and simply met their teachers and found out which friends were in their new classes. However, after 6th period, students were treated to a Husky Pride field day, with various activities for students to enjoy like blow-up obstacle courses to human foosball, students were enthralled with options to do with their friends. In addition, there was a variety of food options, from Chick-fil-A to Kona Ice. There was even a DJ in the center of the stadium field, hyping the students up with songs and even going as far as to having dances and dance battles in the middle of a large crowd on the field. Across the field, there were lots of different things scattered around, like Frisbees, for students to also enjoy in case they didn’t want to do the other activities around the field. For senior students, this was the last time they would experience something like this, and it is a memory that for many, including myself, will be one I will remember for a long time.