A Good Way of Celebrating the Start of a New School Year.

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Photo by Nicholas Grobecker

Tiffany Chen, Staff Writer

The date of August 12th, 2019 marked the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year. There was a big, grand Husky Pride Field Day planned out in the stadium field; it was complete with various food trucks, inflatable bouncers, and obstacle courses. The various food trucks sold Chik-fil-a, cotton candy, snow cones, and Kona Ice. There was also a lemonade stand that was fundraising money for the Let It Be Foundation. Loud music blasted from the speakers and the hot sun glared down upon everyone. Friends laughed and talked with one another, eating the delicious food they had bought from the fair. This would be the first day of my freshman year at Chino Hills High School, the start of the next four years to come.

I had mixed feelings about the field day. On the one hand, the weather was miserable, and I disliked standing outside for almost two hours. I spent most of my time relaxing with my friends underneath the shade of the trees. The lines for the food truck were rather long. I was unable to play on the inflatable bouncers and obstacle courses due to a recent foot injury.

Despite all of these negative factors, there were positive factors that still allowed me to enjoy my time at the event. The fair allowed new students to feel more welcome in Chino Hills High, and that was certainly a feeling that I got from it. I had fun hanging out with my friends, in which we talked about our first impressions of high school. The music DJ did a good job of getting the students excited and pumped up. I would’ve enjoyed the field day more if it was held indoors instead of outdoors in the stadium field. I had many friends who also complained about the hot weather.

Overall, I think a field day like this is a good way of celebrating the start of a new school year. Even though not every aspect or activity was fun, it is still important to appreciate the care and dedication of the individuals who have organized this fair for the students at Chino Hills High School.