CHHS Welcome Back Dance

CHHS Welcome Back Dance

Photo by Paige Faia

Photo by Paige Faia

Photo by Paige Faia

Paige Faia, Staff Writer

Chino Hills High had a “Welcome Back Dance” for students to make new friends and have fun dancing to music. Since this was my first high school dance, I was really excited. The gym was decorated in a Greek-Roman style, and there were pillars with televisions on them. At the dance, the DJ started off by playing some rap music and ending with some old classics. Kona Ice catered at the dance. Almost everyone bought shaved ice for cooling down because everyone was sweaty from dancing. The first thing that my friends and I bought were red and blue shaved ice. There were also many fun games to play outside in the courtyard. Some of the games were Big Chess, Connect Four, and Jenga. One of my friends

Photo by Paige Faia

took a long plastic pipe and hit the last block of the Jenga pile. The tower was still standing after that. My friends and I also played an intense game of Connect Four.

Photo by Paige Faia

It was getting close to the end of the night, so we all walked back into the gym. The music was so loud! All of us were hoping that our favorite song would play. Then, all of a sudden, our song came on. It was Single Ladies! We all started to scream the lyrics and dance uncontrollably. We had a lot of fun dancing around and singing. I wish we could do it again.