Battle of the Bone Rally!

September 9, 2019

Battle of the Bone Rally!

Photo by Tiffany Chen

Photo by Tiffany Chen

Photo by Tiffany Chen

The Battle of the Bone rally was a chance for Chino Hills High students to get excited about the battle of the bone game between Ayala and Chino Hills High. The rivalry between these two high schools have always been fierce but this year the tensions between both high schools seemed to reach an all-time high. With both schools supporting their teams vigorously the game was destined to be a great one and there was no better way to get the students excited except by hosting a rally. The rally was hosted on the second Friday of the school year.

This would be most freshman students first rally and it would turn out to be a great experience for everyone in attendance. Students could stand up and support their favorite classes, clubs, and friends. The energy in the stands from the students would increase as the rally would continue because students would play games and attempt to win sold out battle of the bone tickets. Clubs and sports teams could be seen at the rally supporting the school and joining in the festivities.

Something special happened at the end of the rally as students could be seen storming the gym floor. This showed the students unity as they stood over Ayala’s mascot, the bulldog, showing that Chino Hills High was obviously the better school. Students would also chant in unity so loud

page1image42486000

Photo by Amaya Williams Brown

it could be heard throughout the school. Although the game ended in a sad twenty-eight twenty-nine loss for the huskies the students showed their unity and support for there team.