My First Rally at Chino Hills High School

Tiffany Chen, Staff Writer

On Friday, August 23, we had the first rally of the 2019-2020 school year. It was our fall sports rally, and it put the main focus on the upcoming Battle of the Bone football game. The rally was amazing! I liked it so much that I actually didn’t mind watching it twice for journalism. I enjoyed the rallies in my junior high school, but this rally was a huge step up from them. I wasn’t alone in this opinion, as many of my friends also greatly enjoyed the fall sports rally.

Beautiful, detailed posters and decorations covered the large gym. The posters and decorations were colorful and neatly put together. The whole place had a very Romanesque theme. There were some Leadership/ASB students that were dressed to this theme; they wore long togas and laurels around their head. I was happy to see that there was a lot of Husky spirit in the audience, as many students were wearing our school colors green and blue.

The student announcers/emcees for this rally did a great job. They were full of enthusiasm and had a lot of energy, which was fantastic to see. They were able to get us students excited for the events that would come in the rally.

There were great performances from the spiritleaders, dance team, and the marching band. There were fun games in which students in the audience could participate in. There were three games in total. The people who were chosen to play these games had a chance to win a ticket for the Battle of the Bone. It was very entertaining watching the performances and games. I liked all of the performances, but my favorite out of them all was the marching band performance. They played the song Seven Nation Army.

The rally also honored many of the clubs and programs on campus. Some of the clubs/programs that received recognition were Girls’ Tennis, Girls’ Golf, Waterpolo, Journalism, and of course, the Chino Hills High football team.

The new teachers on our campus also were honored and received recognition.

At the end of the rally, the football players were called to the center of the gym and everyone there engaged in a Husky spell out. It was very exciting and a lot of fun watching the energy in the room rise rather dramatically.

Overall, the fall sports rally was a fantastic way to kick off the 2019-2020 school year and to get everyone more excited for the Battle of the Bone.