• 2019 Fall Rally
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 4
    • Chapter 5
    • Chapter 6

2019 Fall Rally

Photos by Paige Faia and Mr. Misawa

Photos by Paige Faia and Mr. Misawa

Photos by Paige Faia and Mr. Misawa

2019 Fall Rally

September 8, 2019

2019 Fall Rally

A Greek Themed First Rally

CHHS Journalism Class

CHHS Journalism Class

Photo by Mr. Misawa

CHHS Journalism Class

Photo by Mr. Misawa

Photo by Mr. Misawa

CHHS Journalism Class

A Greek Themed First Rally

Friday, August 23 was eventful for multiple reasons because it was the final day of spirit week, but also it was the first rally of the school year. The first few weeks of school are always hectic, but many students look forward to the rallies, especially freshman students who are curious about how it all works in high school. This particular rally was significant because it sets the tone for future rallies, but also it was the build-up for the next day Battle of the Bone football game against Ayala. Battle of the Bone kicks off the football season, which many students participate in through playing or watching from the stands, so it is necessary to have a very spirited rally. When entering the big gym, students were greeted with posters honoring varsity sports teams with the player’s names, and posters representing each class with an ancient Greek themed. ASB students were dressed in Greek-like attire and a few students were painted to represent certain Greek god statues. The rally had several games where students competed to win Battle of the Bone tickets such as one that involved students being pushed into a stack of boxes and having to look through them to find the ticket. There were several performances with the dance team and the male dance team showcasing their talent separately as well as the cheer and song teams. Other groups were honored in the rally for their hard work, consisting of girls tennis, girls golf, girls volleyball, and football.

Photo by Alexis Greer

It was nice to see journalism recognized at the rally for the hard work they put in writing and keeping the school up to date on current events.

Preparing for Battle: The First Rally of the Year

On August 23, 2019 students at Chino Hills High School excitedly crowded into the Avalanche gym to celebrate the first Pep Rally of the year. The gym was transformed to look like ancient Greece, as all of the walls were decorated with large posters depicting famous figures from Greek Mythology. The theme was chosen in order to “prepare students for battle” at the upcoming rivalry football game against Ayala High School. ASB students really brought the theme to life by wearing togas and gladiator costumes. Chino Hills High School assistant principal, Mr. Moore, had the honor of starting the rally by introducing the rally’s emcees, Nico Corrales, and Sean Lomasney. Many students applauded enthusiastically to see what the rally had in store. Sean and Nico picked up the excitement by encouraging students to participate in fun rally games. Some of the games included eating whipped cream with no hands, a teacher versus student push-up contest, and throwing footballs at targets with the Ayala logo on it. Along with exciting games, the rally also honored many groups on campus, including Girls Tennis, Girls Golf, Boys Waterpolo, Football, Girls Volleyball, Cross Country, and Girls Softball. Two of the groups received special recognition for their accomplishments. Cross Country runner, Jaquie Durate, and the Girls Softball team were honored by having their CIF flags raised in the Avalanche Gym for setting new records at our school. The Choir also sang the Alma Mater in honor of their achievements.

Some of the most memorable experiences from the rally were amazing performances. The CHHS Band and Drumline’s performance were popular amongst the crowd, as many students danced along to the music. The Cheer Team also had the crowd in awe of their audacious flips and stunts. The All-Male Dance Team was certainly entertaining, and Huskies cheered loudly while watching their routine. The performances were a great way to showcase the talent that students have at our school, and it also boosted the enthusiasm of students in the crowd.

Overall, the first rally of the year was a major success and made many students excited to attend Battle of the Bone to support our Football Team. This rally was an amazing way to start the school year, and it is great to see students come closer together as a school and celebrate one another.

Battle of the Bone Rally!

Battle of the Bone Rally!

Photo by Tiffany Chen

Photo by Tiffany Chen

Photo by Tiffany Chen

The Battle of the Bone rally was a chance for Chino Hills High students to get excited about the battle of the bone game between Ayala and Chino Hills High. The rivalry between these two high schools have always been fierce but this year the tensions between both high schools seemed to reach an all-time high. With both schools supporting their teams vigorously the game was destined to be a great one and there was no better way to get the students excited except by hosting a rally. The rally was hosted on the second Friday of the school year.

This would be most freshman students first rally and it would turn out to be a great experience for everyone in attendance. Students could stand up and support their favorite classes, clubs, and friends. The energy in the stands from the students would increase as the rally would continue because students would play games and attempt to win sold out battle of the bone tickets. Clubs and sports teams could be seen at the rally supporting the school and joining in the festivities.

Something special happened at the end of the rally as students could be seen storming the gym floor. This showed the students unity as they stood over Ayala’s mascot, the bulldog, showing that Chino Hills High was obviously the better school. Students would also chant in unity so loud

page1image42486000

Photo by Amaya Williams Brown

it could be heard throughout the school. Although the game ended in a sad twenty-eight twenty-nine loss for the huskies the students showed their unity and support for there team.

#BringBacktheBone: Chino Hills High Rally Puts Huskies in the Spirit to Win

Chino Hills High School welcomed students into the Avalanche Gym on Friday,
August 23, for the customary Battle of the Bone Rally. The gym, which resembled an Ancient Greek coliseum, was filled with students who were ready to “prepare for battle” at the upcoming Battle of the Bone rivalry football game against Ayala. Although there was a heavy focus on football, this rally
honored all of the fall sports, including Boy’s Water Polo, Girl’s Golf, Girl’s Tennis, Volleyball, and Cross Country. The spectators of the rally celebrated and honored these sports with various games and performances, which created a positive and fun atmosphere for all students.
The games played at this rally were as entertaining as they were intense. The first game involved students to throw a football at a paper target with the Ayala logo on it, with the intention that they aim at the target and rip through the paper. There were multiple attempts to succeed at this game, and some were better than others. Although there may have been some footballs ricocheting off walls, eventually the participants were able to complete the challenge. The second game included a tempting incentive to win a sold-out Battle of the Bone ticket, however, there was a catch. The game involved students to go eat multiple plates of whipped cream without using their hands until they could find the cherry hidden inside. Even though this game was very messy, the prize was definitely worth it. The third and final game was probably the most extreme and competitive game of the day. In this game, four students were pushed on carts, to the middle of the room where a pile of boxes awaited. After they collided into the pile of boxes, they had to rip through each one to try and find the hidden bone that was inside. The aggressiveness of the participants throughout this game sparked an uproar of energy throughout the crowd, and everyone had a good time.
Not only did the rally include these fun games, but there were also amazing performances. Our school’s talent was truly showcased with performances from All-Male Dance Team, Varsity Song, Varsity Cheer, Varsity Dance Team, and Band. Students were at the edge of their seats watching the cheer team do their daring stunts, and they flooded with applause after seeing Melody Cambell (12) successfully flip from the top of the pyramid back down to the ground. Students were just as impressed with both of the Dance team performances, which are always a common favorite at every rally. Every group that performed at this rally created a fun and positive atmosphere, which helped make this rally a success. The spirit of this rally was energizing and fun, and it was a perfect way for students to prepare for Battle of the Bone.

It is Fair to Say the Huskies are Ready for a New Year.

As the new school year has begun, Chino Hills students have been preparing for the annual Battle of the Bone. The rivalry week against Ayala was full of energy and was topped off with the Battle of the Bone and Fall sports rally on Friday, August 23rd. The rally was in the Avalanche Gym and was Greek Warrior themed. ASB hosted this rally, dressed up in Greek togas and blue and green. The decorations were impressive and it was evident that hard work and dedication were put into this rally. All of the Fall sports were recognized, which included girls’ tennis, football, cross country, boys’ water polo, girls’ golf, and volleyball. Journalism was also recognized. One sports team and one individual were recognized for accomplishments in their last season. Softball got a banner raised for back – to – back league champions and Jacqueline Duarte got her banners raised for being the Individual State and CIF champion.

There was also entertainment for the Huskies. Both dance teams performed and got the crowd on their feet. The song and cheer teams performed, impressing the audience with tricky stunts and flips. There were also three games that students from the crowd could play.

Photo by Julia Craig

Each game had a prize of a Battle of the Bone ticket for the winner. New teachers were recognized and introduced into the Husky family by participating in a push – up challenge against volleyball players. Both groups did an outstanding amount of push-ups. The rally concluded with a “We Believe” chant and a hyped Husky spell out. It is fair to say the Huskies are ready for a new year.

Annual “Battle of the Bone” Rally

Annual “Battle of the Bone” Rally

CHHS Journalism honored at the rally

CHHS Journalism honored at the rally

Photo by Howler Staff

CHHS Journalism honored at the rally

Photo by Howler Staff

Photo by Howler Staff

CHHS Journalism honored at the rally

Not even a full three weeks into the school year, Our first rally opened up the door for us to show our Husky Spirit! Of course, the year breaks onto our campus with the annual “Battle of the Bone” rally, preparing our football teams for their rival game against Ayala. However, this game isn’t the only thing that is a part of the rally as the fall sports teams, dance teams and some of the school organizations were recognized, as well as Jacqui Duarte for setting records in Cross County and the softball team for their amazing achievements over the last year. Dance teams, such as varsity cheer, song leaders, and the All-Male Dance team, put on a show for their first exciting cues of the year. One such person performing was Junior Lin, who joined the All-Male Dance team last year, saying, “I thought I’d be so nervous I’d throw up, but I wasn’t nervous at all and it was fun.”  Other teams of note were Girls Tennis, Volleyball, Waterpolo, and Girls Golf. Girls Golf saw a jump in new members after their stellar year, going undefeated last year, and saw new faces such as Alyssa Lauren and Bianca among others. Our Varsity Football team also was recognized, having men and women of all grades within its confides. With Freshmen like Hunter Corbin, and Juniors like Davin Drieslein, this team had a variety of personalities and skill levels competing to attain the Bone trophy for this year. We, the writers of the Howler, were also recognized and applauded for our time poured into making articles and a magazine.

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial