Huskies Falter to Diamond Ranch

Huskies Falter to Diamond Ranch

Photo by Julia Craig

Photo by Julia Craig

Photo by Julia Craig

Diego Fernandez, Staff Writer

On August 30, Chino Hills High School failed to win at home against Diamond Ranch High School 28-13. Fans in attendance received a free green rally towel for the game. Gabriel Chavers got the game started scoring two field goals, including a 38 yarder, early on, to give the Huskies an early 6-0 lead. The Panthers responded with four unanswered touchdowns proving to be insurmountable to the home team. Matthew Geeting connected to wide receiver David Espinoza for the Huskies’ only touchdown of the game in the fourth quarter. Diamond Ranch had 322 total yards compared to Chino Hills’ 86. The top three offensive players for the Huskies were quarterback Matthew Geeting, wide receiver David Espinosa and running back Rayce Thornton. The top three defensive players for the Huskies were middle linebacker Dylan Hernandez, defensive end Nathan Kneubuhler and the player of the game for Chino Hills was Hector Lopez Jr. with seven tackles and an interception.

This was a winnable game for the players and will be seen as a missed opportunity. The season has just started so there is plenty of potential for Chino Hills to turn their record out and get a solid win to build on. The Huskies dropped to 0-2 on the season after losing previously to Ayala while Diamond Ranch improves to 1-1.