An Unexpected Wedding with Flavortown

An Unexpected Wedding with Flavortown

Photo by Paige Fair

Photo by Paige Fair

Photo by Paige Fair

Paige Faia, Staff Writer

On Friday, September 6th, I went to an improv show at Chino Hills High School, Flavortown from the Drama department. The show was about a wedding. It all started with introducing all the cast members to the audience. The audience was able to choose names and personalities of the actors. Then, the cast chose two unexpected audience members to be the bride and groom of the wedding.

One actor marched up and down the aisle throwing flowers on the floor. The actor who wedded the couple was actually certified to wed people! My friends and the audience thought that was really funny. After the ceremony, one of the actors, who was a waiter, handed out the champagne. The waiter accidentally spilled some of the champagne on the floor and tray. After that, he started too! Towards the end of the play, the cast held a wedding reception for the bride and groom. The whole audience and
cast members danced to the songs, Cha Cha Slide and The Cupid Shuffle. These songs are notorious at wedding receptions. It was a nice touch to the act.

Photo by Paige Faia

The newly wed couple proceeded to cut the cookie cake, which most of the audience had eaten. Some of the actors of the wedding party made toasts to the bride and groom, which completely got out of hand. For example, the best man was jealous of the groom marrying the bride which he was in love with. This
was an unexpected turn of events. There was so much laughter! The wedding ended with a picture slideshow of the guests and audience, which was all of us. It was a great night being apart of an unexpected wedding with Flavortown.