Chino Hills Football Falls to Diamond Ranch

Photo by Diego Fernandez

Photo by Diego Fernandez

Photo by Diego Fernandez

Julia Craig, Staff Writer

On August 30th the Huskies took on Diamond Ranch for our first home football game of the season! The Huskies got to work, moving down the field and kicking a field goal in their first drive. After another field goal, the Huskies’ offense slowed down and the defense began to turn things around. An interception by Victor Lopez and a fumble recovery near the endzone by Tyler Perez held the Cougars from scoring twice. After the first half, the Huskies were down by just a touchdown, ready to come back. An interception by Dylan Hernandez got the offense going and Chino Hills went on to score a touchdown. Unfortunately, it was not enough to keep up with Diamond Ranch. The final score was 28-13, Diamond Ranch.

Photo by Diego Fernandez

The team is a work in progress as they prepare for league in a few weeks. Throughout the game, the Dog Pound cheered on the team. The theme for the student section was Husky blue and green and the first 100 students at the game
received Husky rally towels. There was also entertainment for the crowd. Varsity cheer and song performed during timeouts and halftime, showing off impressive stunts and dance moves. The Huskies’ Band performed during halftime as well, showing the crowd why they have won so many world championships in the past years