Still Swinging: Girls Golf Remains Undefeated

October 8, 2019

Photo by Mr. Misawa

Photo by Mr. Misawa

Photo by Mr. Misawa

The Girls’ Golf Team here at Chino Hills High School has quite the record. They have so far been undefeated in their season and have beaten Upland High School (their biggest rival) twice. They play Upland one more time this season and if they win again, they will probably remain undefeated for the rest of the season. Kalea, who is a senior this year and is the team captain, says that the goal of the season is to be CIF champions. And, with their current record, this goal is not out of reach. So, why are these girls so good at what they do? It may just be their positive attitude. Joyce, who has reportedly been playing golf since she played Wii Sports as a young girl, says that the friendship the team has contributes to its teamwork. The girls on the team are always supportive of each other. Apparently, they always pray as a team before their matches, and they always shout “wooh” when someone makes a good shot. Although golf has a reputation for being quiet and serious, Terra, whom the other girls say is the funniest on the team, says that the team is “not quiet and serious.” Loren says, about the team, “We have a positive mindset on everything we do.” This mindset likely makes all the difference in a sport that the girls say is more mental than physical. It may even be the reason why the team is still undefeated and is dispelling the myth that golf is a man’s game.

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial