Undefeated Chino Hill High School Girls Golf

October 8, 2019

Photo by Mr. MIsawa

Photo by Mr. MIsawa

Photo by Mr. MIsawa

Classy, fun, hardworking, and driven, the 15 young ladies on the CHHS Girl’s golf team were a delight to get to know. These girls have been undefeated since the end of last year’s season, and have continued to keep their winning streak this season as well. Their record may be extremely impressive, but what was more impressive was the true friendship and solid bond the team has with one another. These qualities and their composed mindset are just some of the small characteristics that have contributed to their success.

Regardless of the skill set of each individual player, the girls make sure to prioritize teamwork over everything else. The experience each girl has playing golf varies from seven years to only a couple of months, however, according to Joyce, “The amount of experience we have does not matter since we are so close, we know how to work together in order to win.” It is this philosophy that gives our team an edge against a rival team, Upland High School. Unanimously, every girl on the team agreed that playing against Upland was the most fun, yet most competitive.

Loren explained that the motivation to defeat Upland stems from an altercation that occurred between the Upland coach and the Chino Hills team in their last match. Ever since then, the girls have not only been motivated to defeat Upland but have set a long term goal to win CIF. As the season continues, team captain Kalea Olsen has made it a priority that, “As long as we stay focused and keep our emotions in check, we have what it takes to win CIF”. Considering that our girl’s golf team remains undefeated, and they have an outstanding work ethic, this goal is more than likely going to become a reality.

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial