We Want to Hear Your Howl!

We Want to Hear Your Howl!

Photos by Husky Staff

Photos by Husky Staff

Photos by Husky Staff

Alyssa Gordon, Staff Writer

On October 14, all questions were answered when journalisms “Hear My Howl” campaign launched near the student entrance during lunch. After weeks of speculation because of the hashtag posters around campus, students were finally made aware from the campaign launch. The goal of the campaign is to allow more students to have a voice by taking pictures of them holding up a whiteboard that says, “My Howl Matters because…” Students who participate are encouraged to finish the rest of the sentence with a phrase of their choice such as, “I’m nice to everyone.” Launch day was a success with many students signing up for Husky Nation to have an interview that ends up on the journalism website and several students posing for pictures stating why they matter.
The plan is to have the Hear My Howl booth open once a week in different parts of campus. So far, the event has been near the student entrance, the mods, and the 50’s quad with plans to have it in the 40’s and 30’s quads in the upcoming weeks. Posters will be posted around campus to alert students of where the event will be that week. The purpose of having it in different areas is to get all students engaged even if they do not sit in Center Ice where the majority of lunch events are held. There is an opportunity for everyone to get involved with Hear My Howl, whether it is through anonymous messages or a photo so make sure to join the celebration of everyone having a voice on campus.