#HearMyHowl: The School-Wide Positivity Movement Sweeping Over CHHS

Photos by Howler Staff

Photos by Howler Staff

Photos by Howler Staff

Isabella Kendrena, Staff Writer

On October 14, 2019, CHHS Journalism launched the #HearMyHowl
project as a way to reach out to the CHHS students and let them know that their voices can be heard. During lunch, the Journalism students set up a photo backdrop that read “My Howl Matters.” Whiteboards and dry erase markers are provided for the students who wished to participate in the project.

On the whiteboards, students write why they matter, and their photograph is taken in front of the backdrop. Students who do not want to be photographed have the option to write an anonymous message to be posted on the #HearMyHowl Instagram.

The #HearMyHowl project is set up on various dates and in different areas around campus during lunch in order to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate.

On October 14, the launch event took place at the student entrance, on October 15, the backdrop was set up in the modular campus, and on October 23, the #HearMyHowl movement took place in the fifties
quad.

The project has received a positive response from those who have participated. Many students were very excited to participate in the project and were happy to share their experiences with others.

Journalism intends to normalize inclusiveness as a part of the CHHS culture and make this project a school tradition. This project allows
students to think positively about themselves, and gives them a platform to share their stories. We hope that the positive impact the project has created will continue to grow in the years to come and that all CHHS Huskies will be given the chance to feel heard, loved, and appreciated.