Photos by Howler Staff

Chino Hills High V.S. Upland: A Homecoming Game to Remember

November 14, 2019

On October 25, 2019, Chino Hills High School hosted Upland High School for our traditional Homecoming football game. The Husky Stadium was dazzling and decorated in accordance with the Medieval Renaissance Homecoming theme, and the energy from the Dog Pound was electric. Prior to the game, a Homecoming parade took place to honor different clubs, academies, and classes that have gone above and beyond to make a difference on campus. Each group happily walked around the stadium while representing their class or club with pride, which gave a boost of spirit to the spectators in the crowd. Shortly after the parade, the game came to an exciting start, when the Huskies scored a touchdown in the first quarter. Unfortunately, Chino Hills was not able to keep their lead for very long, when Upland scored two touchdowns to take the lead. Eventually, Chino Hills was able to tie the game, however, they did not get the win.

Despite the disappointing loss, the festivities that took place during half-time were entertaining and lifted the spirits of the audience. To start the production, the dance team opened with a sensational performance, which gained a lot of applause from the crowd. After, ASB put on a humorous skit to announce the winners of the Homecoming Princesses and Queen. Each girl walked proudly on the field with their father, as they anxiously awaited the results. The winner of Homecoming Queen was Priscila Chen, who has also achieved Valedictorian and is the editor of the yearbook. Shortly after being announced the winner, she was crowned and congratulated by all of her peers. The joyous theme and the entertainment of the half-time performance truly kept the audience involved and amused, making this year’s homecoming game an unforgettable experience.

A Magical Homecoming Game

On Friday, October 25, Chino Hills High School held its Homecoming Football Game. There was a sea of black clothing among the large crowd, as many students participated in the “Blackout” dress code. The stadium was decorated beautifully with ribbon, glittery posters, flowers, and crowns. The theme of the game was Medieval, and the football field was transformed to look like it came straight from a fairy tale.

Many students enjoy attending the Homecoming Game, not just to support our football team, but to watch the highly anticipated Homecoming Parade and Half-time Show. During the parade, many clubs and groups on campus, such as the  Health Science Academy, Club Ed, Journalism and AVID displayed their beautiful banners and floats as they walked around the track with pride. The most popular float in the parade was the Class of 2020 Float, which had an inflatable dragon and a fog machine. The half-time show was exciting because ASB Students announced the winners of Homecoming Princess and Queen. The nominees were escorted onto the field on golf carts and recorded thank you messages to their parents and supporters played as they strutted across the field. The winners were revealed, starting with the freshmen, and ending with the seniors. Winners were given crowns and bouquets of roses, and their names were revealed on elegant silk banners. The 2019 Homecoming Game was a very memorable experience, and many students thoroughly enjoyed the festivities that took place. Hopefully, next year’s Homecoming Game will be as magical as this year’s.