“Be Resilient” Tour, Motivational Speaker Dee Hankins Visits Chino Hills High

For his “Be Resilient” tour, motivational speaker Dee Hankins visits Chino Hills High

Photo by Tiffany Chen

Tiffany Chen, Staff Writer

For his “Be Resilient” tour, motivational speaker Dee Hankins visits Chino Hills High on January 10th, 2020, and on the previous day January 9th, Dee Hankins had visited Townsend Jr. High, one of Chino Hills High’s feeder junior high schools.

Motivated and energetic, Dee Hankins’s speech was absolutely fantastic! I wasn’t alone in my opinion, as many of my fellow students also agreed with me. Dee Hankins was quite hilarious, making all of us laugh with his hilarious jokes and antics. However, he was still able to inspire us and send an incredible message.

His speech was also quite moving, as his words had made an emotional impact on many of the students and staff listening to him speak. It was quite easy to relate, especially when he was talking about the struggles of dealing with insecurities in high school. I personally connected to many of the things he had said.
Before becoming a motivational speaker, Dee Hankins had spent 18 years of his life in foster care. This caused him to have a rough childhood, facing many different challenges while growing up. Dee Hankins describes these challenges as “curveballs”, the obstacles in his later life he was able to overcome.

Dee Hankins says he was able to overcome these obstacles by having resilience. “Resilience is the ability to bounce back from challenging experiences,” says Dee Hankins.

If you are interested in following up with Dee Hankins’s “Be Resilient” tour and want to find more motivational content for him, be sure to follow him @iamdeehankins on Instagram and/or Twitter!